Chapter 15: Judge The Suspect

A/N: Please read the Author's note at the end. Thanks.

There's a great news!

***********

Chapter 15

Noah Gerald Sky

Judge The Suspect

I didn't know why I brought him in my little sanctuary. My brain made me do it. I couldn't believe I kissed Gloss. Again. The conversation Gloss and I had, it's full of sincerity, and not to mention, a decent one, that was until he teased me by stating his favorite song, which is 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' by Taylor Swift, the Queen of Break-up songs.

I'm still figuring myself, as to why I kissed Gloss in the first place. His lips looked warm and soft and sweet I just had to taste it. My expectations were right when my lips landed onto his. My chest was burning with passion, and I put it into action by kissing him.

Am I gay? Or was it just curiosity that made me kiss him like that? I kissed him two times. Breathing heavily, I stand up from my bed and look at the pictures of Chelsie and I. I take it and put it in a basement, where the useless things, but hold so much memories, are.

Gloss and I received a handful of lecture from Dad. Apparently, he has received the news that we didn't go to school, that we ditched. I couldn't speak. Because one, I've never explained myself to my father. And second, because his tone was demanding and angry. I've never ditched school before. Until now. And Gloss was to blame for it. Hopefully, Gloss explained what happened, that we just took our time and got to know each other more, and that made Dad happy, and he clearly forgot about the 'school ditching' when he started to question Gloss about our mini escapede.

I get back to my bedroom and sprawl myself on the bed. The soothing feeling seeps right into my body, making me relax. After our kiss, we just got home, and there was an awkward silence. Neither of us spoke. The radio was turned on that time but it didn't help much. Staring at my ceiling, I grab my iPod and plug the earphones in my air.

Searching through my hundreds of music, I choose 'We Remain' by Christina Aguilera. I shut my eyes and listen to the strong voice of Christina as she sings the lyrics very good. The beat has me bobbing my head up and down. My eyes snap open when someone shakes me, interrupting my mini fun. It's Genny. I remove my earphones and place them on the nightstand beside my bed.

"Dinner is ready," she says as she sits on my bed. Genny and I are really close. I call her mom because she acts like one. She treats me like her real son and I'm glad for it. "It seems like you and Gloss are giving each other a chance to get to know each other."

"Yeah," I say, scratching the back of my neck, feeling uncomfortable. Genny had never talked to me about Gloss. "I mean, we want to know each other. Not just by name. All we did was to bicker and ruin each other's lives."

"I'm happy for it," she says as she gives me a motherly smile filled with love and proudness. I almost cry. Because for one, my real mother didn't act the way she should have. Second, she was not saying, didn't speak, those words Genny has said to me earlier. "Thank you, Noah. I'm glad you're my son."

"Thanks Cecil," I tease her. Dad sometimes calls her Cecil. It's her second name. Genny Cecil Schlund. She playfully smacks my head as she rolls her eyes at me. "Ow, sorry, mom." I chuckle. She shakes her head at me, a smile evident on her lips. She stands up and leaves my room. I follow her.

Gloss is already seated, looking thoughtfully at his empty plate. He then blushes and the first word that pops into my mind is: cute.

I scoff innerly and take a seat just across from him. He looks up and our eyes meet. We just stare at each other and I feel a tug at my heart, urging me to move and just ravish his lips. I hold myself to it. He then looks down and blood rushes to his cheeks. I smirk at him.