Chapter 5 - Lucky Me.

I have updated finally and today's the end of my finals😂

Happy Reading❤️

James' POV :

I'm happy, like totally happy because I got to spend some time more with them.

For once, I could say that little Jordan could read my mind because his question for me to coming over to their place is totally unexpected and the little guy loves me already.

In all this 27 years, I have never thought that children would attach with me because they might run away or they would never stop crying if I ever hold onto them but Jordan fails my judgement by clinging onto me at our very first meet. I was really afraid that he might not like me and that Nicolla would start to be insecure around me since her little boy doesn't like me but nothing as I expected happens, he proves me that he is such a sweet baby.

I like both of them a lot now and I can't wait to be part of them.

Will they ever accept me?

"We are here. " Nicolla cooed gently and the little man, who's busy adjusting my glasses yelled in excitement.

A hand enveloped mine as it drags me somewhere and I can surely say that Nicolla just draged me into her house. It felt warm as I stepped in further while Nicolla started to take my hand and brushed all the things around, taking me in a house tour. I can feel about how happy she is to have a visitor here and she's acting all like she's been yearning for this.

I felt sad for how fate put her through but happy at the same time, that the same fate took me to her.

"And, three steps to right from here is my one and only bedroom yet, two steps forward from here is the couch. " she blabbered in excitement and I just nodded. She's saying as if I'm going to move in here, which I don't really mind at all.

I took this two step forward and my knees hit the couch, where I gently sat on. Jordan was longer gone from me and I wondered what was he doing right now.

"Urmm....do...you want anything? Like, food or to drink? " she coyly asked and I couldn't apprehend about where's she is talking from.

"Just a cup of water will be fine, for now. " I stated with a cheeky smile because I don't know how to reply. I have never let myself visiting anyone's house and this is first time for me to being in with someone else.

"Alright...urmm, actually there's no enough food for all of us as I won't expect anyone coming over to my place, so....we can order food from outside if your hungry. " she explained with a hint sadness and I just wanted to hug her.

"No, that's fine...I'm not hungry and you don't have to stop expecting anyone after this. " I give her a hint of my mind.

"Urmm....why? " she questioned in her little tone and I smirked.

"Because, you can...always...expect me here. " I said and the 'always' was just a mere whisper of mine in the middle but I hope she catches it.

"Oh...urmm, thank you. Let me just bring you the water. " she said in rush I heard foot steps walking away on my right.

Maybe, I could roam around as she said and I stood up, moving two step forward from the couch and I heard sounds of utensils rolling. I wandered to the direction, expecting that it should be the kitchen and I totally forget my cane on the couch there.

Shit, now how am I going to know the barrier? Oh, calm down James.

I braved myself and took two short step forward, only to be stopped by a hard thing. My palm felt them and I can say that it's the wall.