Chapter 3 - Drawing of Shadow III

Wang Ye's niece, Siya Gong Zhu, was visiting the manor that day.

Throughout my years of serving Wang Ye, I'd often see Siya Gong Zhu. Out of all her brothers and uncles, Wang Ye was the only one to show her affection, although I would mostly witness his usual stiff and aloof character when interacting with her. That led me to wonder how much more indifferent did these other royal brothers treat her.

She was impeccably bright and kindhearted. I assume that it must be the ethics Wang Ye instilled in her. However, it wasn't surprising to see that she still embodied the stubbornness of an ignorant, wealthy child. She would always ask for the most extravagant meals and sweets, but not even finishing half of what she requested. Wear multiple outfits throughout the day, then ordering the servants to go out and buy new clothes for her to throw on the floor.

I was glad she never overstayed on her visits.

To welcome Siya Gong Zhu, Xiao Bai and I stood perfectly still and bowed as she walked past into Wang Ye's study. Apparently, she had brought a highly distinguished guest to visit Wang Ye for the first time.

Siya Gong Zhu tended to go anywhere she wanted in the manor. I'd hope Wang Ye could teach her not to intrude in his space, but he didn't seem to mind it. At least she understood to never enter Wang Ye's chambers. Only Auntie Liu, Xiao Bai and I were allowed access to tidy up the place and clean. With political enemies lurking in the dark, I was happy that Wang Ye trusted us with this great responsibility.

Following Siya Gong Zhu to the pavilion in the eastern pond, we finally caught a glimpse of the guest she'd brought. From the corner of my eyes, I saw a familiar face and quickly looked down at the ground.

It's that girl!

The same Young Miss who accused Xiao Bai at the market was here, dressed in the most elegant sky blue dress. Even the same maidservant was attending to her.

If I keep my head down maybe she won't recognize me...

I heard Siya Gong Zhu talking cheerfully to the Young Miss.

"My Royal Uncle has agreed to come meet you today, Qing Cheng. Don't you go saying I didn't follow through with my part of the deal."

"Really? He really will?" This Young Miss Qing Cheng covered her mouth in excitement. It was obvious that she, much like other noble ladies, was infatuated with our Wang Ye.

"Mm-hm! So--"

"You can go." Qing Cheng waved Siya Gong Zhu away with her hand.

How could she be so improper with someone of royalty?!

Furious, Siya Gong Zhu stood and yelled, "Hey! You think you can just chase me away?

Qing Cheng gracefully brushed a strand of hair behind her ears.

"My people will send you what was promised. Now leave, so I can have some alone time with Wang Ye."

"Hmph! All right then I'm leaving. You better send it to me." Lifting her dress, Siya Gong Zhu hurriedly walked past Xiao Bai and I, leaving the eastern pond area.

Qing Cheng is definitely not some small fish. How she talked to Siya Gong Zhu tells me she's someone of high status, perhaps even on the same level as royalty. A part of me is regretful that I was so headstrong during our coincidental first meeting.

"Hey! You two go fetch tea and some desserts. Aren't you being too discourteous towards a guest?" The maidservant bluntly requested.

Not knowing how to deny, Xiao Bai and I lowered our knees before heading to the kitchen.