"I'd probably kiss you"

Within ten minutes, the Winchesters and the angels arrived at the psychiatric ward. The four of them walked in, flashing their badges at the first nurse that came up to them. Dean chuckled before flipping Dodger's badge the correct way. "Sorry." He smiled at the nurse. "It's her first time out in the field."

The nurse gave him a tight-lipped smile before asking, "How may I help you?"

"We're looking for a patient who said they witnessed the most recent murder," Sam replied.

"Oh, yes. Patient number 888." Sam and Dean looked gave each other a knowing glance. "I'll take you to her room but be warned that she has severe trauma-induced anxiety and depression. She has a constant tremor in her hands and rocks back and forth. Most of the time, it's hard to get her to say much, but you're welcome to try."

"We'll try our best, ma'am, thank you," Sam flashed a small smile.

As they followed her, Dean whispered to the rest of them, "Last time I checked, 888 is an angel number."

"It normally means you are going to find love or fall in love. Although numbers like that show up in dreams most of the time, it could mean something..." Cas noted.

The nurse stopped them before opening the door to a dull room with white walls and baby blue trimming. On the bed sat a woman, looking to be about Sam's age, rocking back and forth. Her freckled hands had a steady tremor, and she looked up at all of them with wide green and brown heterochromic eyes. Sam gave her a warm smile, and she returned it momentarily. The nurse left, and they walked in.

Pulling up the single chair in the room, Sam sat in front of her. "Hey, are you patient 888?" he asked softly.

"I have a name," she pouted slightly.

"Would you like to tell us your name?"

"Dakota Marcie King."

Sam's smile widened. "That's a beautiful name."

Dakota blushed and looked down at her grey-blue socks. She looked back up and brushed her hair from her eyes. Dean stepped forward, and her attention shifted to him.

"We just wanted to ask you a few questions about what you saw the night that patient 730 died," Dean said as he squatted in front of her.

"No one believes me..." She played with her sunset orange hair. "All the doctors think it was one of my hallucinations, but I know what I saw...and I'm not schizophrenic, I have other..." illnesses."

"Well, if you're the only one who saw it, we would like to hear about what you saw regardless," Sam said lightly.

She nodded before sitting up straighter. "I was looking for the bracelet that I lost earlier in the day. Retracing my steps, I headed to the day room. When I got there, the other patient, his name was Peter; he was there. I asked him why he was there, and he told me that he was running from the monster following him around. I knew he had schizophrenia but the way he looked, I knew something wasn't right." Her eyes started to water, and she sniffled.

"What do you mean the way he looked?" Dean quirked an eyebrow.

"He looked like he was petrified, sweating, and everything. That's when I saw it too. A huge hairy-like beast jumped out of a hallway and pushed him to the ground. It bit into his chest and ate his...his heart." Tears started falling down her cheeks that were littered with freckles. "I ran to find a nurse or doctor without thinking, and...the next morning, he was gone." Her voice died away as she bit her lip and looked away from the group. "I'm sorry."

Sam's face softened, and he placed a large hand on top of hers. He rubbed his thumb over her hand and shushed her gently. "Hey, it's okay. We understand that loss is hard to deal with, and we want to help."

Dean's eyes widened as he looked from Sam to Dakota before leaning back to Cas, whispering, "She's not shaking right now, look."

Cas peered over Sam's shoulder to see it, and sure enough, she wasn't shaking. As she continued to cry, Sam moved from the chair to beside her on the bed. He wrapped an arm around her shaking shoulders, rocking her softly. Dakota hiccuped and looked up at Sam, her heterochromic eyes glittering with tears. The younger brother used his free hand to pull on his sleeve and wipe her face dry.

Dean cleared his throat and stepped forward. "Ms. King, if you don't mind, I'd like to speak to my associates outside for a moment."

Dakota nodded and let Sam stand up. The moment he wasn't in contact with her, she began to rock back and forth. Sam gave her a sympathetic look before following his brother outside of the room.

"Dude, did you not see that?" Dean blurted the moment the door clicked shut.

"See what?"

"When you put your hand on hers, she stopped shaking."

Sam blinked a few times before he realized it. "Oh my god, you're right."

"Remember was Cas said about her patient number?"

"Yeah..."

"Do you think it could mean something here?" He looked at Sam, who shrugged before turning his attention to the angels. "Cas?"

"It could mean that Sam is supposed to help her or take care of her, in a sense. If she doesn't stop shaking when anyone else touches her, then there could be a spiritual bond between them," Dodger said before Cas could open his mouth.

"How do you know that?" the three boys asked in unison.

"The same sort of thing happened with your parents. There was a spiritual bond that tied them to meet regardless of the circumstances that came between them. If this is true for Sam and Dakota, then we surely can't leave her here."

Dean thought about this for a moment, his lips in a tight line. Sam gave his brother a pleading look that finally made him give in. "Alright, alright. If either Cas or Dodger can heal her, then I'll let her join us."

Sam grinned and thanked his brother before walking back into Dakota's room. "Good news," he said. "I'm getting you out of here."

Dakota shook her head and laughed, "Yeah, right. Being healed is my pass go collect two hundred dollars card, and I know that's never happening. But thanks for trying to lift my spirits."

The long-haired brunette knelt in front of her and placed a kind hand on her knee; she stopped shaking again. Reluctantly, she met Sam's eyes and couldn't help but smile a bit. "I'm never leaving here, and I've accepted that. You don't need to butter me up before you go on and do your big, ol' business FBI stuff."

Sam bit his lip. "What if I told you that my associate could heal you?"

"I'd probably kiss you," she replied bluntly.

The man blushed furiously before laughing nervously and pushing his hair from his handsome face. He stood back up and offered his hand to Dakota. He pulled her to a standing position. Castiel walked in and flashed a comforting smile at Dakota. Unconsciously, the redhead stood closer to Sam, causing Sam to chuckle lightly.

Castiel stepped forward and placed two fingers to her freckled forehead. Both Dakota and Castiel closed their eyes for a moment before the angel stepped away. Slowly, she opened her eyes and let go of Sam's hand. She stood still and slowly cupped her mouth with her hands as tears began to form in her heterochromic eyes. "Oh my god..."