So Now It's Official?

Dakota rolled over in the motel bed to check the alarm clock. The red numbers flashed 2:00 AM. With a quiet sigh, she sat up and padded to the small kitchen for water. As the freckled woman reached for a drink, she heard a creak in the floor behind her. Whipping her head around, she was nose to nose with a familiar face. "Miss me, darling?" Crowley's voice purred.

She made a move to punch him, but he grabbed her arm and pinned her against the counter. He chuckled lowly before growling, "You still owe me, sweetheart."

"I owe you nothing," she hissed. 

"Last time I checked," he quirked an eyebrow. "You owe me a year's worth of your labor as a monster collector for me."

"Why would I do that?" The redhead shoved him away and snatched the gun from the countertop. Crowley raised his hands slowly, his smile fading. 

"Dakota, my dear, you know exactly why."

"Because you had a little catfight with my dad before I was born?"

"Bingo, buckaroo." The smirk returned to his face. "So, why don't we make this easy, and you come along with me, nice and easy."

"Not happening," she snarled.

Sam stood behind the door to the kitchen; a gun cocked in his hand. He listened to the conversation happening with furrowed brows. He heard some muffled movements and more whispering before a loud smack echoed throughout the house. 

"You snake!" Dakota shouted before elbowing Crowley to the opposite wall. Holding the gun to his head, she sneered, "If you try and come back for me again, I will blow your brains out and feed your skin to the wolves. I don't owe you anything. And, for the record, no one here is willing to be on your side. So you either leave now or become a late-night snack for some fortunate wildlife."

Sam rushed in, standing behind Dakota. 

"Hello, moose," Crowley jeered. 

"Why are you here?" the brunette glared.

"You're little girlfriend here owes me some things. No need to worry."

Sam blushed profusely. "First, she's not my girlfriend. And second, I do have a reason to worry. You only show up if you want anything."

"I just need her for some...temporary employment." 

"Yeah, as I said," Dakota pushed the gun to his forehead. "Not happening."

"Fine, fine." Crowley raised his hands in surrender. "But don't think that I won't be back."

Dakota spun around to see the rest of the kitchen when he disappeared. She glared at the wall where Crowley had been standing moments before. With a loud huff, she walked back to the bed and sat down. Sam followed, his face written with confusion. "What was that about?" he asked in a low tone.

"Long story short, my family has always had beef with Crowley. That's why he killed my grandpa."

"Well, we can help you get him off your scent. Dodger could mark you; then demons can't track you down."

Dakota sighed with a nod before lying back down on the bed. Sam rested next to her and waited until he knew she was asleep. The brunette leaned over and gingerly kissed her forehead. As he rolled over, a small smile spread across his face. 

The next morning, the group woke up and decided to meet somewhere to eat. Boston, looking happier than usual, suggested "The Wagon Wheel." Everyone agreed and hopped in the cars to take a short drive over to the restaurant. Inside, they sat at one large booth. 

An older woman greeted the table and asked for their drinks. All of them ordered coffee before beginning to flip through the menu. Music played softly from the speakers above. The quiet ambiance relaxed everyone. When the waitress returned with their coffee, she took the group's orders. 

Dean chatted with Sam about another possible case and glanced at Boston, who was smiling. The apple-green eyed man was slightly taken aback by this. "Boston rarely ever smiles," he thought to himself. He elbowed Sam, who gave him a funny look. The older brother nodded his head slightly to Boston, and the younger brother looked at her. He raised his eyebrows as he made eye contact with his brother. "Excuse us for a sec," Dean said before sitting up and motioning for Sam to follow.

"Dude, what is up with her?" Dean whispered.

"I was going to ask you the same thing," Sam glanced back at the table to see Boston burst out laughing at Castiel. 

"Do you think she's possessed or something?" 

"Dean..." Sam rolled his eyes. 

"What? I'm just giving us options."

Sam turned his brother around by the shoulders and pointed to Boston and Castiel. "Look at how she's leaning against Cas. They're probably holding hands underneath the table. See how he's looking at her like she's everything? Do you see what I'm getting at?"

Dean whipped his head around to his brother. "Do you think that they're a...a couple?"

"Could be," Sam shrugged. "Only one way to find out," he walked back to the booth and slid next to Dakota. Boston looked at the brothers with an innocent grin. Cas looked at Boston for a long moment, a look of pure love in his eyes. Dean cleared his throat, and the ex-angel turned his gaze to Dean. "Yes, Dean?" he asked.

"You seem happy today." 

"Indeed I am," the blue-eyed man glanced at Boston.

"Are you gonna share your secret with us?"

Cas raised an eyebrow. "Secret? what secret?"

"Your secret to how you're so happy."

Boston giggled, and Dean's attention turned to her. "He found love for himself," the blonde raised their entwined hands with a light blush powdering over her face.

Dean and Sam exchanged a look of "I told you so." Dakota squealed softly with happiness while Dodger chuckled. The waitress returned with their breakfast. Together, the 6 of them chattered aimlessly while eating their food. Dodger, not needing to eat, sipped her coffee silently. Castiel noticed her silence and nudged her foot from underneath the table. She looked up with raised eyebrows and mouthed, "What?" to him. 

He gave her a look that asked why she was so quiet. Shrugging, she took another sip of coffee. After Sam paid, they all started their drive to a possible new case. As the cars drove away, Dodger mentioned that she had some unfinished business. Reappearing in an abandoned warehouse somewhere in Missouri, she smiled softly at the person in front of her. 

"Long time no see, Dodger."