Shot Through the Heart

Dakota looked between the men standing in front of her and smiled. "I-I can't believe it. Thank you." Her voice trailed away as he gave Castiel a perplexed look. "I'm sorry, but what's your name?"

"Castiel."

"Thank you, Castiel." The angel nodded, and Dakota acknowledged it with a handshake. Dakota then looked at Sam, who stared at her with red cheeks. She walked over to him and stood on her tiptoes before kissing his cheek lightly. He blinked a few times before locking gaze with her. He cupped her chin and leaned down.

"Sammy, did it work?" Dean asked, standing in the doorway and smirking.

Both Sam and Dakota jumped back from each other and snapped their attention to Dean. "Yeah, it worked. She's good to go," Sam coughed, rubbing the back of his neck.

Dakota nodded at the older brother before seeing Castiel motion for her to follow him. Once she was out of earshot, Dean said, "You know we'll have to tell her that we're not FBI agents?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah, but I saw an anti-possession symbol on the inside of her forearm. I think she's a hunter too."

"Could be. We'll see when we've finished getting Dakota's stuff from the front office."

"Yeah, okay."

"And Sammy?"

"Yes?"

"Go get her, tiger," Dean winked before walking out and chuckling.

Sam swallowed and huffed before following his brother. Dakota was talking with Dodger and laughing wholeheartedly. The younger brother smiled at the sight of her being so happy. "Maybe I can have a win for once," he thought as he joined the group.

Together, they walked to Dean's Impala. Once inside the car, Dean turned to Dakota and asked, "I saw the tattoo on your arm. Why do you have it?"

"It's for anti-possession. All hunters should have one."

"Are you saying that we're hunters?" Dean inquired.

"It's obvious."

"How is it obvious?"

"FBI agents don't ask the questions you did. I should know, I've got my fake IDs."

Sam turned around from the passenger seat to face her. "So you're a hunter too?"

Dakota nodded. "My grandpa taught me everything I need to know. When I saw the patient get killed, I knew it was a werewolf. But because I was still "scrambled," I knew I couldn't do anything. The second you started asking questions. I figured out that you were going to do what I wanted to do."

"And that is?" Dean looked at her.

"Put a silver bullet in its body."

The brothers smirked at the same time and nodded. Dean started the car and drove toward the motel. "We'll let you help us on the hunt tonight. We're going back there tonight and kill that werewolf. Well, we'll let you join if you want to," the green-eyed brother explained with a hint of playfulness in his voice.

"Help you? Of course, I want to! I've wanted to go on a hunt since I got stuck in there!"

"That's the hunter spirit," Dean grinned.

As they drove, Dakota explained that her parents died before she could even open her eyes. Her grandpa took her under his wing and raised Dakota until she was 15. During a hunt, her grandpa died because of a demon named Crowley. The death traumatized her to the point of her going into a psychiatric ward.

"Wait, Crowley killed your grandfather?" Sam quizzed.

"Yes," Dakota replied gravely. "I've wanted him dead ever since."