Reunions and a Side of Confessions

Dodger's smile widened. "Hello, Gabriel."

Gabriel engulfed her into a hug, chuckling lightly. Dodger looked at him curiously. "What?" she quirked an eyebrow.

"You haven't changed a bit since I last saw you," he smirked.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You still have that," he gestured to her up and down. "That angelic innocence and look."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"It suits you," he rested his hands on his hips.

 "Why did you call me here?" 

"I wanted to see you," Gabriel's smile faltered. "And I wanted to warn you."

Dodger tensed slightly. "Warn me? About what?"

The archangel shook his head and stepped toward his sister with a small smile. "Dean Winchester. I can feel your love for him. It's so strong that I knew I had to tell you to be careful. You know what'll happen to angels like you who fall in love with humans."

The silver-eyed woman chewed at her lip. "I'm not in love with him."

Gabriel cocked his head to the side as his lips curved into a smirk. "Right. And the Winchesters are plumbers."

"I'm serious, Gabe. Why would I be in love with him?" She crossed her arms.

"Why wouldn't you be?"

"Because it's an angel's law," she fiddled with the sleeves of her coat.

"And look where that got Cas."

Dodger averted her eyes and turned to leave. Gabriel lightly grabbed her forearm. "Micheal," he said quietly.

She paused before turning to face him. The blonde angel smiled sympathetically. "What I'm trying to say is, if you know the consequences for someone like you, then go for it and don't look back. I want you to be happy, that's all I can hope for as a big brother. But realize that what the others will do to you won't feel like fluffy clouds and rainbows." She turned her gaze back to him. "You're incredibly strong, and as Cas always says, God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers."

She smiled again with small tears forming at her eyes. Pulling her brother into a hug, she whispered a thank you. He kissed her forehead and reached into his pocket. "Here," he put a small leather bag into her palm. "Open this when you get back to those Winchesters." He winked before disappearing. 

"Jesus, Dodger! We talked about this!" Dean yelped as she appeared in the motel room. 

"My apologies," she nodded before opening the bag Gabriel gave her. Inside was a golden necklace with a small copper halo and wings. Dodger smiled lovingly at it, a small chuckle escaping her lips. Dean looked at what she was holding and asked, "Where'd you get that?"

"Gabriel gave it to me," she clipped the necklace around her neck before looking at Dean. 

"It suits you," Dean smiled. Their attention shifted to the radio suddenly as Sam turned it up. The moose of a man grabbed Dakota and spun the redhead to her feet. The older brother chuckled as he watched Sam sing and dance to "Oh! Darling" by The Beatles. 

"What are they doing?" Dodger sat up with an innocently curious look on her face.

"Dancing," Dean smiled before offering his hand. Dodger took it, and Dean swooped her across the hardwood floor. With a small giggle, the angel spun into the hunter's arms. Her long, flowing silver hair fell about her shoulders as he spun her again. Dakota laughed as she moved with Sam on his feet. The tall brunette looked down at her lovingly. 

"I'm not a little kid, Sammy. I know how to dance," she playfully smirked.

"Oh, I know. I'm just making sure we're closer to the same height."

"You jerk!" Dakota joked as she spun around.

As she began to get the hang of it, Dodger spun Dean, and he laughed loudly. As they came face to face, his green eyes locked onto her silver eyes. His lips curved into a large and sincere smile. The angel felt her cheeks begin to burn the longer that she looked at him. 

Dodger glued her eyes to the floor to hide her blush, unaware of Dean trying to get her attention. The apple-green eyed man lifted her chin and gazed deeply into her eyes. The angel looked back up, her face red. With a chuckle rising in his throat, Dean gingerly pressed his lips to hers. Dodger followed his movement, her hands resting against his chest. To them, the world faded away, and only the sweet lyrics of the love song could be heard. Dodger's mind ran wild with every passionate word possible to describe how she felt. Dean's thoughts were only one thing: her. They broke apart just as the song ended, their foreheads resting against each other. 

"Finally," Dakota cheered. 

Dean looked at her and Sam with a dopey expression, obviously still taking in the fact that he kissed Dodger. The angel, however, stood there with her eyes still closed and her lips slightly parted. A devilish grin on his face, Dean, leaned in for round two. Startled, Dodger made a small noise as their mouths connected again. The hunter smiled against her lips and kissed her forehead when they stopped for air. 

Later that evening, Dodger felt the need to sleep for the first time. She borrowed a pair of Dakota's pajamas for the night. As she walked out of the bathroom, the angel finished braiding her hair, and Dean bit his lip. Dodger looked at him and scrunched up her nose. "What?" she smiled.

"Oh my god," Dean fell back on the bed and covered his face with his hands. He sat back up and chuckled with excitement in his swooningly deep voice. "Do that thing again with your nose."

With a confused look, she scrunched her nose. Dean leaned forward on the bed as he covered his red face. "You're so friggin' cute!" he wailed.

Dodger laughed, her smile lighting up her face. Dean attacked her in a hug and pulled her back onto the bed. Her laugh doubled in volume as the hunter kissed her cheek and nuzzled his stubble face into her neck. Dodger rolled over and hugged Dean to her chest. As she hummed softly, the pair gradually fell into a peaceful sleep. 

The following morning, Dean opened his eyes to see Dodger's peaceful sleeping form. Being careful not to wake her, he brushed a few stray hairs from her braid out of her face. Slipping out of bed, he sifted through his duffel bag before finding the old Polaroid his mother left him. Laying back down next to her, Dodger slowly began to wake up. "Good morning, Dean," she smiled sleepily.

The apple-green eyed man grinned before pulling out his camera. As Dodger sat up and looked at him, he snapped a photo. Raising an eyebrow, she hurried over toward him. As she peered over his shoulder, Dean grabbed the Polaroid and began to shake it. 

"What's this?" She held the camera with dainty hands. 

"It's called a Polaroid camera. My mom gave it to me. You can take pictures with it," Dean smiled as the photo finally developed. She looked at it with a small smile. Sitting back on the bed, she found the button and took a picture of Dean. As the photo reeled out, the man grabbed it and shook it. As it began to develop, Dean groaned. "Awe, I got serious bedhead."

"Your bedhead is quite cute," Dodger kissed his cheek. 

"And you're both making me gag," Dakota leaned in from the kitchen.

"You and Sam do this all the time!" Dean protested. 

Sam rested against the door frame. "Dean has a point." 

"Whatever. Just don't get distracted while driving," Dakota smirked as she drained an orange juice .

"Dakota!" the pair shouted with flustered faces.

The redhead's laughter echoed as she walked back into the kitchen.