Trust me

Theo gave Stiles a look he couldn't read. It's what he hated most about Theo, he couldn't read him. That was always Stiles' specialty, reading people. He could tell you what anyone in the pack was thinking. Hell, he'd even been able to read Derek before he'd left. But Theo he was a mystery. Normally Stiles liked mysteries, but Theo unsettled him. There was no excitement to be had, or that's what he told himself.

"You can't say anything Stiles," Theo pleaded. His eyes shifting from their gold color back to their natural blue. The dead body of the chimera still twitched between them.

"Why not?" Stiles didn't owe Theo anything. This could be what finally convinced Scott that Theo was untrustworthy. But a tiny voice in the back of his head said, 'he saved your life.'

"Cause I didn't say anything about Donovan."

The blood drained from Stiles' face.

"I know about what happened to Donovan." Theo continued, his tone sympathetic in a way that made Stiles' blood boil. "I know everything."

Before Stiles could stop himself, he had closed the gap between him and Theo. His hands grasping at his shirt as he shoved Theo into the electrical fencing of the roof.

"You don't know anything," Stiles was close and he knew that Theo could easily over power Stiles and yet he had let himself be shoved into the fence. However, that didn't last long as irritation set in on Theo's face and within seconds Theo had Stiles flipped and pinned.

"I was there. I was at the library. Malia found the book. She was texting us to see where you were. She said she left you at the library. I told her I was close. When I got there, I heard the scaffolding come down," Theo spoke firmly as he held Stiles in place. His grip almost too tight on Stiles' arms.

"You saw him?" Stiles' voice was barely above a whisper.

"Just the body. I watched you come out. I was gonna say something, but then I saw the cop car," Theo's grip didn't loosen on Stiles' arms. Stiles' own hands were still tangled in Theo's shirt.

Theo's eyes dropped to his mouth.

"Let him go," A voice spoke from behind the pair, causing Stiles' head to snap up.

"Derek."

-

Derek followed the familiar scent of Stiles' anxiety up to the roof. He stepped through the cracked door carefully and rounded the corner. What he saw made him falter.

Stiles was pinned to a fence the other man's arms gripping his arm's too tight for Derek's liking. Derek recalled a time when he had been the one to push Stiles against the wall like that. However, the look on Stiles' face wasn't fear, as it had been when Derek had done in so long ago. It was something else. Something Derek couldn't quite put his finger on.

The sudden uptick of Stiles' heartbeat pulled Derek from his trance.

"Let him go," He growled stepping forward.

Theo didn't miss the way Stiles' heart leapt as he pulled away from him and towards this other wolf. He grit his teeth but said nothing.

"Are you alright?" Derek growled. The question was directed at Stiles, but his eyes didn't leave Theo.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Stiles was now in front of Derek.

"You don't smell alright," Derek finally pulled his eyes away from Theo to look down at Stiles.

"What else is new?" Stiles scoffed, paired with an eyeroll. "What are you doing back here?" he asked, changing the subject.

"You called me frantic about fucking up and needing help," Derek frowned at the human.