Tell me

*This is a sad one just so you know*

A wheeze escaped Derek's lungs as he pressed his back against a nearby tree. He slid down, his back scraping uncomfortably against the jagged bark. But nothing compared to the pain in his chest where the bullet wound burned angrily in his skin. The smell of wolfsbane nearly stung Derek's nose. The wound was too close to his heart and he was too far from anyone. There would be no coming back from this. He had minutes before the poison reached his heart.

His hands fumbled for his phone. Calling for help would be pointless, he was too far out, he knew that, but he had to hear his voice. Just one more time.

"Derek?" Stiles' voice answered quizzically.

Derek closed his eyes, picturing whiskey brown eyes and mole dotted pale skin.

"H-Hey Stiles," Derek fought to keep the pain out of his voice.

"What's going on?" Concern was evident in the human's tone.

Derek knew that it was out of character for him to call without reason. He never called unless he had a question that only Stiles could answer. It was too late to remedy that. He tried to ignore the regret of that realization.

"Tell me-" Derek started before clearing his throat, "Tell me what you found on those hunters passing through."

Stiles had been doing research on the hunters that were currently after the pack. They had unfortunately gotten to Derek first.

"Oh, yeah, so I found out that there is only two of them, so we can totally take them. Actually, we think we have a plan. We, being me and Deaton. I just need to work out a few kinks but so far, I think it'll work. Anyway, so they're originally from Virginia-"

Derek listened as Stiles continued to ramble on about the information he found. He closed his eyes and let the melodic sound of Stiles' voice flow over him as the poison started to take hold. His vision was wavering and it was getting harder to hold the phone to his ear.

"Oh, dude, Scott just got here, I gotta go, but I'm planning on going over the plan tomorrow at the pack meeting. I'll see you then?" Stiles asked, cutting himself off abruptly.

Derek mustered all his strength to keep his tone as even as possible.

"Yeah."

"Kay, cool. See you then." The call ended and Derek let the receiver drop to the underbrush beside him.

"Goodbye, Stiles," He whispered, letting his eyes fall shut for the final time.

*AN*
Please don't hate me.😫