IV | The past

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

"Someday I'll find her
And I'm still reminded
Maybe she's best in dreams
She's still the best I've seen"
- Dreaming by Mac DeMarco

☆☆☆

I shut my car door and slung my backpack further into my shoulder as it started to slip.

I opened the white gate and walked down the stone path as I heard the lock cling, knowing it had closed.

The path was in need of a wash but it wasn't the worst thing, the grass was a deep green that begun to die, the edges growing brown.

Rocks decorated the stone path, and flower pots filled with dead flowers sat around the edge of my house, I walked up the steps and looked at the number on the pillar near the entrance.

I opened the creaky door and closed it behind me.

I went to my room and listened to music as I wrote my assignment for history class, my headphones parked in my ears, blasting out the smiths.

I threw my pen down once done and swung back on my chair, resting my legs on my desk, the two back legs holding up my weight.

'There is a light that never goes out' filled my ears.

I closed my eyes and dreamt of her.

Her golden hair, her tanned skin, her pink lips and white teeth that feature with her showcasing smile, her cherry red uniform and bow that make me think very bad things.

I felt my cheeks burn a bright red as I imagined her walking up to me, her little red skirt riding up with each step, catching a glimpse of her white panties, her smile is bright and wide, her eyes have a lust filled look as she comes closer, she stops before me, she slowly raises her arm, her right hand delicately glides across my jawline as she bites her lip, she lets her hand rest at the back of my neck.
I begin to lean down, and just as she closed her eyes and our lips are about to meet-

"RICHIE TOZIER DINNER IS READY NOW COME DOWN!" Even over my loud music I heard my mother screaming for me.

I quickly opened my eyes and nearly fell of my chair before taking off my headphones and stopping the music. I took a peak in the mirror and realised I was bright red and sweaty, I put on some deodorant and wiped my face with a stray t-shirt, my pants were tight and something had grown larger so I fiddled with my pants until I gave up and went down.

She made me crazy even when she wasn't here.

I sat down at the table, it was small, my mother beside me, my father opposite me.

"How was your first day back?" My mother asked as she focused her attention on the green beans she was grabbing, her other hand held a dish of mash.