VIII | The ride

☆☆☆"Will you still love meWhen I'm no longer young and beautiful?Will you still love meWhen I've got nothing but my aching soul?I know you will, I know you willI know that you willWill you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?"- young and be...

☆☆☆
"Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I've got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?"
- young and beautiful by Lana Del Ray

☆☆☆

I walked out the entrance to the school amongst other scrawny and tired teens who couldn't wait to get home, I walked down the steps and the path until I made it to my car, stood there until the other losers, minus Ben and Mike of course, had shown up, they got inside and I followed and began to drive off.

"Hey give me one would ya?" I said back to bev, as I watched her peel a cig out of the packet and light it with her neon green lighter, from the rear view mirror.

"Alright alright" she said as she put it between her lips and puffed it out before getting one out and handing it to me.

I took it whilst still paying attention to the road with one hand on the wheel, Eddie gave me a worried look and clearly became uncomfortable with the idea of me smoking whilst driving.

"Calm it Ed's, i ain't gonna crash" I smiled at him and put the stick in between my lips, I felt around in my pockets and came to realise my lighter was in my bag.

"Fuck"

"What's up?" Bev said as she puffed the smoke out the slightly open window, bill admired her as she did it and Stan looked out the other window, counting the cars as they zoomed past.

"Lighter" it took her a second to catch on but her furrowed brows upturned and her eyes lit up in realisation, she quickly passed me her lighter and I lit the cigarette, once I saw a tiny flame attach and the end had a glow of Orange I handed it back to her and put all my attention onto the road.

"Eddie can you put on some music" Bill said as bev leaned back from having her hands cupped around Bills ear, clearly whispering for him to ask Eddie, she knew if she did he would say no.

"Fine" he sighed, annoyed.

His fragile finger pressed on the buttons and turned the volume until it was a suitable volume, the sound of 'radio gaga' filled the car and from the corner of my eye I could've swore I saw Eddie smile.

"Is that- is that a smile I see upon little ol' Ed's face" I cooed at him and pretended to pinch his cheeks, not touching him knowing he would kick a fuss.

"Hey watch the road Trashmouth" he spat, clearly wanting me to stop.

I laughed and began tapping along to the song.

"ALL WE HEAR IS RADIO GAGA" bev began to sing loud and strained, like a cat had just died.

"RADIO SOMEONE STILL LOVES YOUUUUU" Bill had joined in now and their hands were intertwined as they sang awfully together, their voices mixing and breaking our ear drums in a chorus of pathetic song.