My Pain.

Life is so strange; it presents us with so many different shades. The people you love the most can sometimes hurt you the deepest. Some may not have experienced it, but for some, it's a part of life—like me.

Allow me to introduce myself: I am Amara Rose Willemson. Yes, Willemson—of the second most affluent and influential household and family. I am the youngest and only girl in my family. I have three brothers: Henry Jake Willemson, the oldest; Jason Jacob Willemson, the second oldest; and Mason Brandon Willemson, the third. They are all very muscular and well-built, successful in their respective fields.

My father, David James Willemson, is a strict and conservative man, always disciplined and a well-managed businessman. My mother, Laura Lily Willemson, is a beautiful woman, a fashion designer, and a fashion blogger.

I used to have four brothers. The oldest, Ethan Lucas Willemson, was almost ten years older than me. Yes, I said "was." He left us, and my family still believes that he's somewhere in the world hiding from us. But they don't know that he's living a good life somewhere out there.

I was always the unwanted child. In my family's last five generations, there hasn't been a girl. When I was born, they were expecting a boy, so I was raised by nannies and servants. My parents were always too busy for me. They were there for my brothers' graduations, their first school proms, football matches, and more. My brothers were always indifferent towards me, even sometimes pushing me around, except for Ethan. He was the only one who really cared for me. But when he went missing, our family fell into chaos.

Being the oldest, my father always pressured Ethan to join the family business, but Ethan wanted to study literature, something he could never tell my father. My father never liked Ethan's fondness for me and always tried to make him resent me, but Ethan never did.

I still remember the day he went missing. He left a letter and a videotape in my room, explaining that he couldn't take it anymore, so he left the house. To this day, everyone blames me for his disappearance. Ethan told me never to reveal the reason behind his leaving, so I couldn't tell them the real story. After two years, his closest friend, Charlie, informed me that Ethan had married the daughter of our old family friend, someone he loved wholeheartedly.

I know that if my father finds out where Ethan is, he will go after him and potentially ruin the happy life he's built. My father is aware that I know Ethan's whereabouts, so the entire family continually tries to force me to reveal the secret I've been keeping.

Sometimes, they make my life unbearable through constant beatings, starvation, and verbal abuse, but I can never find it in my heart to reveal the truth.

Ethan's best friend, Xavier, also blames me for Ethan's disappearance. He is my first love and the brother of Kiara, Ethan's wife, who also suffered in her own household. Kiara's father wanted to marry her off to a wealthy businessman to gain more power, and Xavier never supported this. So, she eloped with Ethan, and the rest is history.

I often wonder what it would be like to be truly loved.

I wish to escape this dreadful place and find somewhere better, but then I think about Ethan's return and whether everything will ever be alright.

Will it ever be right?