Blank.

Lina's POV

"AMARA!" we exclaimed in shock.

She was the daughter of David and Laura, people we had known since she was born. However, after Laura's health deteriorated, we had lost touch with them. Laura and I used to be good friends, but everything changed after she married David. For some reason, David never liked me or Benjamin, and I couldn't quite fathom why.

Despite the growing distance, we tried to maintain some communication. But when we learned about the accident, we tried to reach out to them, only to be met with silence. Through a common friend, we discovered how badly they had treated Amara. My heart ached for her, and I had no idea they had pushed her to this extent.

I glanced at Benjamin, and I could see a small tear escaping his eyes. We just sat there, silently observing her.

Later, our sons arrived, and we shared everything we knew about Amara with them, which left them equally shocked.

About ten minutes later, a male nurse entered the room to administer her shots. Just as he was about to give her the injection, we heard a growl, and it came from Wyatt.

Wyatt had always been a quiet child, with difficulty communicating with strangers. However, seeing his protective stance, we were utterly shocked.

"Don't touch my baby sister," he declared.

We had our answer.

"I don't care whether she's forgotten everything when she wakes up or not; she is my daughter, and she will be treated like one," I affirmed.

"She's our baby sister. She will always be protected and will always be happy," my oldest son, Alexander, declared.

I smiled and thanked God for giving me a daughter.

Five days later, we were all anxiously waiting for her to awaken. I was working from the hospital room, while Lina had just stepped out for a moment.

Suddenly, the machines started beeping loudly, and I panicked for the first time in my life. I rushed to Amara's side and saw that she was beginning to wake up.

Yes, we had changed her name. Now she was Rosa Amyra Richerson. Her name represented her previous life.

She was struggling to open her eyes.

"Yes, princess, try harder. I know you can do it," I encouraged her. "Open those eyes."

I immediately called the doctor, and Lina rushed back into the room. And then, she opened her eyes and uttered the words we had been waiting for:

"WHO ARE YOU?"

Rosa's POV

It felt like I had been deep underwater and was now coming up for air. The only thing I could remember was the concerned faces of the man and woman, and then everything went blank.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. Someone was encouraging me to do so.

"Yes, princess, try harder. I know you can do it," I heard a voice filled with worry, care, and a fatherly love.

I tried to remember everything, but my mind was empty. Completely blank.

Who am I? Where am I?

Panic began to set in, but then I saw the man who had asked me to calm down. He was there, trying to reassure me.

Doctors rushed into the room, and after about 30 minutes, I managed to calm down a bit. Everyone was bombarding me with questions.

"Are you okay?" I presumed the lady was the man's wife.

"Who are you? Where am I? Who am I? Why can't I remember anything?" I asked the doctor, my voice trembling.

The man looked at me with a mixture of concern and love and said, "I am your father, sweetie."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I cried out, "Papa."

He rushed towards me and hugged me tightly, consoling me. Then, I looked at the woman, who was silently crying, and I followed my instinct and said, "Mama."

She burst into tears and hugged me tightly. It felt so right; they were my safe haven. I knew these two people loved me deeply.

"What happened, Papa? How did I end up here? Why can't I remember anything?"

"You were in an accident, dear. We were about to lose you, but by the grace of God, you are safe and sound now," Papa answered.

I looked around the room and saw four men there. I tried to remember them, but I couldn't.

Seeing my discomfort, Mama said, "They are your brothers, baby. Alexander, Daniel, Elijah, and Wyatt."

"Brothers?" The word slipped from my mouth, and at that moment, all my brothers rushed to my side, showering me with kisses and hugs.

Once again, tears streamed down my face. Everyone was worried about me, and they started asking, "What happened, sweety? Did we hurt you?"

Wyatt went to the doctor, gripping his collar and barked, "What happened to my baby sister? Why is she crying? I swear to God, if anything bad is happening to her, I will cut you into fucking pieces."

The doctor looked at me for help, the poor man.

"Wyatt," I said, and he rushed to my side, searching for anything that could be hurting me.

"What happened, sunshine? Do you need anything?" Alexander asked.

I shook my head negatively and just hugged him and my other brothers at the same time. However, I couldn't figure out whose arm was pressing on my middle, causing me pain. I winced slightly.

In an instant, all my brothers were on the floor, pushed aside by Papa.

"What the heck are you doing, boys? She's hurting!" he yelled, and I whimpered.

Mama rushed to my side, hugging me, and shot Papa a disapproving glare.

"Benjamin, you're scaring her."

All my brothers and Papa hurried to my side, apologizing profusely. I said, "It's okay, please don't yell. I don't like it."

Papa added, "I'm sorry, sweetie. It's just that you're finally here with us, and I don't want anything to hurt you."

I smiled and said, "I love you all. I don't remember anything about our past life, but I will always thank God for giving me this family."

They all hugged me at once, and I couldn't help but laugh. This was my family, and it felt like home.