Chapter 1

Currently, everyone on the cheer team was at Cheer Camp for the last week of summer vacation. This year was the first year that zombies were allowed on the team and at Cheer Camp. Luna knew that this year was defiantly going to be interesting. Everyone was standing in front of the Cheer camp house and Bucky had just divided the team, the veterans and the newbies, which included all the zombies. The veterans were led by the ACEY'S, the A-team, and the other half of the team was led by Luna, Addison, and Bree, the Z-team. Both the teams would be competing the whole week for the Cheer Camp Cup, which the A-team has won every year. But this year Luna and Addison were determined to win and prove that working together was the best way.

"Okay, listen up everyone," Luna says as the Z-team gathers around her and Addison, "we can do this. All of us on the team together, we'll be better than ever."

"Luna's right, we can do this together," Addison agrees.

Everyone nods in agreement and puts their hands in. Once they brake, they all head towards that field that the competition was going to start at. Before Luna can follow her team, Bucky comes up to her laying his hand on her shoulder.

"Lu, can I have a moment with you real quick?" he asks her. Gesturing for her to follow him a little away from everyone.

"What's up, Buck," she asks after they stop.

The wind blows by them, sending a few strands of Luna's silver/ blue hair into her face. She pushes the strands behind her ears, looking at her cousin with curiosity.
"I'm just making sure you are feeling okay and to make sure you took your medicine today." Bucky replies with slight concern in his eyes.

What most had figured out a long time ago was that Bucky had a soft spot for his adoptive little cousin, he saw her more as a little sister then a cousin. He may be very self-centered, but when it came to Luna, he would do anything for her. She had had him wrapped around her finger since they both were little kids. Which is why he is was checking up with her right now, you see for the last couple of months, Luna has started getting sharp pains in her chest and bad coughing fits that have left her breathless. Her parents had taken her to the doctors, but they couldn't figure out what was wrong. The doctor prescribed some medicine that helped very little, but it was better than nothing; it also seemed that when she was around her zombie friends that she was a little better too. But every day she has been getting worse and it seemed that there was nothing anyone could really do.

"I'm feeling fine Bucky and yes, I took my medicine this morning," Luna reassure him with a soft smile.

"Good, now if you start feeling any pain or you can't breathe, you stop and take a break. You understand?" Bucky sternly tells her.

"Yes sir," she replies with a playful salute. Bucky rolls his eyes playfully at her and gently pushes her to her team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the last night of Cheer Camp and the next morning was going to be the last contest to see which team would win the Cheer Camp Cup. Almost everyone was sleeping peacefully except for one. Luna gasps quietly to herself, trying to regain her breath as the pain in her chest slowly goes away. She looks across the room that she shares with her sister and Bree to see both girls still sleeping, which she was thankful for. Happy that she hadn't woken them up when the pain first started. She quietly gets out of bed and slips on her light blue sweatshirt and shoes, heading to the kitchen area. After getting herself a glass of water, she stands in front of the window looking out to the forest.

She lightly traces the marks on her left arm as she stares at the forest. Luna has an urge to go there and ever passing second it gets stronger. With a quiet sign, she puts her now empty glass in the sink and quietly slips out the back door, heading towards the forest. With the moon light to guide her, she enters the forest. Luna walks for a few moments and then sits down, leaning back on one of the trees. The moonlight filters through the tree branches landing on Luna, she takes a calming breathe. She starts to feel relaxed and calm. The last time she was in the forest starts playing in her mind's eye.