Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

(Memory)

(Present)

Bonzo watches as Luna falls into a light sleep next to him, her head landing on his shoulder as her breathing turns slow and even. He was happy that she felt comfortable and safe enough around him to fall asleep. He knew that even though everyone likes Luna, she didn't trust that many people to let her guard down completely. He looks down at their hands, seeing a faint purple glow coming from between their hands. He remembered when she had first revealed to him, Eliza, and Zed her gift.

It had been about three months ago when they had found out. All of them had been hanging out, doing their homework, at a little café in Zombie Town after school. Luna was sitting between Addison and Eliza with Zed and Bonzo sitting across from them. Luna had just finished her food and got up to throw it away in the trash. As she was heading back over, a sharp pain suddenly shoots through her chest. She doubles over in pain and falls to the ground.

"Luna," Addison exclaims as they all see her fall, all run over to her.

Bonzo got to her first and kneels down to help her up. The moment her hand touches his arm her eyes turn from her normal moonlight blue to a bright vibrate blue and purple mix and a bright purple glow comes from her hand. Bonzo feels his strength slipping away from him. Through the pain Luna starts to feel strength running through her, glancing up she sees her friends around her and realizes that her hand is on Bonzo's arm as he tries to hold her up. Seeing the glow coming from her hand, she jerks her hand away from him, falling to the ground again.

"Sis, take my hand," Addison softly commands.

Not wanting to hurt her sister or friends, Luna shakes her head no.

"Luna, are you okay," Eliza asks, being the first to get over the shock for the purple glow that came from Luna.

"Yay, I will be. Just give me a moment," Luna painfully replies through clenched teeth.

Addison rolls her eyes at her sisters' stubbornness and forcefully grabs her hand. Luna tries to jerk away but Addison doesn't let go. The purple glow comes back and before she can protest, Addison says, "Don't, just let me help you Sis."

After a second, Luna drops her head in defeat, letting Addison gently pull her into a hug. Zed is about to say something when Addison shakes her head. Their friends silently watch the sisters as Addison gently helps Luna up and walks her over to the table they had been previously at. After a few minutes, the glow fades away and Luna sits up glancing at the worried and confused faces of her friends. She signs as she knows that she had to tell her friends about her being sick and her gift. But she knew in her heart that she could trust them all with her secrets.

"Sorry about the scare, guys," Luna softly whispers, not daring to look at any of them.

"What exactly just happened?" Eliza questions as she sits next to Luna.

Luna was quiet for a moment as she tries to think of the best way to explain it to them. In the end, she tells the three about how she was sick with some unknown sickness and about her gift. After that, all three promise to help her in any way they could, include lending her their strength when she needed it. She had tried to protest against it but they would not take no for an answer. Luna was very thankful for her sister and her friends' protectiveness over her.

Bonzo shakes himself from his memory and glance at Luna again. Seeing her peaceful face, he was happy that he could help her. She was the first human at Seabrook High School that accepted the Zombies and was his first non-zombie friend. She had never once shun and judged them; she was only ever friendly and helpful to them.