Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

The sun light filters through the trees in the forest, shining down on Wyatt as he leave Zombie town behind him. As he heads back to the Den his thoughts are on the state of panic the people of Seabrook and Zombie town are in and on his mate. He never thought he would have or even find a mate but he had. He gets lost in his thoughts as he remembers how he met her earlier that day. Their first encounter had definitely not gone how he thought it would have gone.

(Memory)

Wyatt was hiding in the shadows of some trees surrounding a small clearing, watching a girl from the crashed bus from Seabrook that had apparently followed another girl that was somewhere else in the forest. A few feet away from the girl was Wynter hiding in some shadows, he slowly and quietly sneaks up behind the girl only planning to scare her. Hopefully sending her back the way she had come from, the bus with all the other humans and zombies. But Wynter sends a warning growl at him when she sees him moving closer to the girl. Wyatt freezes right behind the girl, only a few feet away from her, wondering why Wynter was growling at him and not the girl. His eyes turn olden yellow and is about to let out his own growl right back at Wynter when the girl whips around to face him. He just barely stops the tree branch she has swung at his head with his hand, he starts to bare his fang at her when he looks into her moonlight blue eyes. Suddenly it feels like the world has stopped around them and a warm feeling washes over him and the feelings to protect her, to make her happy, and to be near her came over him. He knows in that moments that she was him mate.

He sees her pause and a shock look comes over her face as she stares at him, he was shock too. Then he got even more shocked when she seemed to snap out of her shock and next thing he knows, she is grabs his arm and twist her body and flips him over her shoulder having him land on the ground. He stares up at her with wide eyes, completely surprised by her strength. Wynter steps out of the shadows, laughing as the girl takes a few steps away from him.

A howl rings out, which Wyatt instantly knew it was Willa, the girl looks in the direction the howl came from. She turns back to Wynter and him, she sends a smile to Wynter and then she glances down at him with a smirk.

"Better luck next time Wolf-boy," she says with a wink before she turns and leaves the clearing.

Once her laughing fit dies down, Wynter walks up to where Wyatt is still lying on the ground with a wolfish grin on her face.

"You alright Wyatt?" she asks with a laugh.

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for your concern," he sarcastically replies as he gets off the ground. Still looking in the direction the girl went.

"So, you found your mate," she says with a giggle, "I can't wait to tell Willa and the pack."

Wyatt looks at her with wide eyes asking, "How?"

Understanding what he was really asking her, Wynter softly replies, "I saw how you were looking at her. How you both froze when you both looked into each other's eyes. We both grew up with the same stories about how you find your mate since we were both pups. Don't worry the pack will approve of her."

"How do you know the pack will approve? She's a human not a werewolf," he replies with confusion.

Hearing his question and seeing his confusion, she realized that he didn't realize what the three long scares on the right side of the girls face meant to the pack and who she was.