Wanda

Wanda was my rock for the next few days as Natasha and Steve rounded up people for blood tests and Steve spent his time between Avengers stuff, Bucky and me. She was there every morning holding my hair as I threw up. She cuddled up with me at night. She made sure I was eating enough and if I threw something up right away, she'd try again with something new until I kept it down again.

I don't exactly know why she had taken to this as strongly as she had. It wasn't like she had ever brought up wanting to be a mother. She could have had her own. Some people just are though, even before they have kids, and Wanda had always been that kind of person. I guess the moment she saw I was pregnant it just felt right to her.

The morning sickness was getting bad too. So on mornings I'd wake up and rush straight to the bathroom she'd be there, holding my hair and rubbing my back.

"The ginger pills do not seem to be doing much," She said as she sat behind me rubbing my back. "Maybe we should contact Doctor Schroeder and ask her if there is something else you can take."

"It works after I take it but I don't take it in the middle of the night," I say as I rested my head on my arms and breathed heavily, waiting for the nausea to pass completely.

"My poor, pirano," she said. "You want to try and eat. I can make millet if your stomach is really off. Perhaps with ginger tea."

I nodded slowly and got up, flushing the toilet. "Yeah. I should probably shower. I have work."

"You know Tony won't care if you don't go in." She reasoned.

"And you know I don't want to be paid to be Tony's girlfriend," I replied and then frowned. "I guess he'd be paying me to just be your girlfriend now though."

She put her arm around my waist and rubbing my stomach. "He'll be back."

"I hope so."

She sighed and let me go, turning on the shower. "I can hear them all you know. They want to be here with you. They are all angry at themselves for being as scared as they are. It's just..." She turned back to me and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear. "Most of them haven't exactly had the best role models for what being a parent is."

"Well, I haven't either, Wanda. The difference is I don't get to run from it or hide in my lab while I figure out how to do it. I gave them an out. No one took it."

"Please don't yell at me," she said pulling back. "I'm still here."

I sighed and started stripping off my clothes. "I'm sorry. I know. I just miss them and I don't feel like this is my home anymore. I keep thinking it would be better if I moved out."

"I know. I wish you would stop that."

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I'm sorry, Wanda."

"Hey, hey, hey. Shhhh... it's okay. You need to be easy on yourself too. You have to come to terms with it too." She said pulling me into her arms. I made myself as small as I could, curling up into her. "Have your shower. I'll have food ready for you when you get out."

I showered, managing to not throw up again when the scent of the shampoo overwhelmed me. I changed into comfortable clothes and tied my hair back in a loose ponytail and came out to the living room. Wanda brought me out a bowl of warm millet and a hot ginger tea. I curled up against her as I ate slowly.

"What do you want them to be, Wanda?" I asked completely out of the blue. I knew it wouldn't matter. She knew I had been thinking about genders and names. I'm sure my mind was screaming about it.

"I would like a boy and a girl. But I might be slightly biased towards that." She said, caressing her fingers over my stomach.

"That would be balanced," I said.