𝑜𝑛𝑒.

chapter one

a bond

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍 never imagined that one of the most important things in her life would be a forty foot long Tyrannosaurus rex named Jo, but life has a way of surprising everyone. Even someone who had planned out their life as well as Alex did. As rough, tough, and carefree as she was, she always made sure to have a plan for the years ahead. Well, that's what she thought, until her world was turned upside down.

It all started a year after Alex decided to transition from an active duty officer in the Coast Guard to a reserves officer. She had always dreamed of becoming a paleontologist and exploring different fossil sites for different kinds of dinosaurs, all over the world. So, with her integrity and determination, Alex got a degree in paleontology and began her new life.

For about a year and half, she enjoyed her freedom of traveling around the world and studying different dinosaur fossils. That is until one day, while she was at a dig site in California, on an excavation, when she got an email offering her a job at Jurassic World. She didn't understand how they had found her, she kept a pretty low profile, only keeping in contact with her old unit in the armed forces and the paleontologists she had been working with at the time, but they did and they offered her a very prestigious and high paying job.

At first she was skeptical, she was enjoying her life as it was, but after many convincing arguments from one of her six brothers, Joe, who was still active duty in the Air Force, she finally decided to go.

She had heard about the horrors of Jurassic Park, but she pushed away her doubts as she accepted the job offer.

Jurassic Park and Jurassic World are two completely different things, right?

The job included studying different dinosaurs and working with scientists to understand more about the dinosaurs they were creating. In fine print it also read contributing ideas to the breeding of genetically modified dinosaurs.

It was only two week later that she was boarding a flight to Costa Rica. From there she got on a ferry and traveled to Isla Nublar. She only had a suitcase and carry on in hand, and a nervous expression adorning her features.

For the first couple of months she worked as a researcher and scientist for the lab, but her job quickly evolved into something much different than she had intended.

The story went a little something like this.

It was a normal day for Alex, she clocked in and went to get her assignment for the day. She smiled at everyone she saw, being friendly was something her mother always enforced on her. She was a very kind woman and wanted her children to carry on that trait.