𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.

chapter eight

zach & gray

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

❝𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐘 employees, there has been a containment breach," the PA announces as Owen, Alex, and Claire find themselves back in the vicinity of Jurassic World's facilities.

They have to dodge panicked individuals left and right as they go through the swarms of people running around in chaos. Claire's phone rings as run, causing her to pick it up and ask, "Hello?"

"Claire, we spotted the boys on surveillance," the voice of Claire's nephew's 'babysitter', Zara, comes through the phone, "They're approaching the West Gate. I'm heading there now."

"Okay. Stay right there. I'm on my way. Stay right with them," Claire speaks through the phone, not noticing that Alex and Owen had found a motorbike and gotten on.

"Hey! Get on!" Alex exclaims, grabbing Claire's attention as she hangs up the phone. Claire obliges and jumps on the back, wrapping her arms around Alex's waist, whose arms are around Owen's.

With that, they take off.

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

They arrive in the main center of Jurassic World in a flurry of commotion. The Pterodactyls have already reached it, causing havoc. They run through the chaos of panicked people running around.

As they reach a spot where a mass of Pterodactyls are flying around, Owen and Alex, who now have guns, and a squad of other ACU workers start to shoot as the flying dinosaurs.

Claire gets on top of a fallen ice cream cart and starts to scream her nephews names. Alex runs over to her and stays alert as to any Pterodactyls who might want to pick Claire up.

Two kids start running towards the red head, screaming, "Aunt Claire!"

Owen is temporarily distracted, causing a Pterodactyl to descend on him, knocking the man to the ground. It catches Alex's attention and she quickly raises her gun and shoots the dinosaur, who was close to biting Owen's head off.

She runs over to him and helps him up.

"I feel like 'you owe me one' is too lame for this moment," Alex jokes, but Owen doesn't respond verbally. Instead - he grabs the side of her face and pulls her into a kiss.

"Who's that?" Gray - the younger of Claire's nephews - asks as he and his older brother watch the two kiss.

Oblivious to the trio staring at them, the pair continue to kiss until Owen has to pull away to breath. Alex lets out a laugh and pushes blonde hair from her face as she says, "Yeah, that was way cooler."

The moment is lost though, when Claire sees her nephews standing a couple of yards away and yells, "Zach, Gray!"

She runs over to them and asks a bunch of questions, rambling on about what happened. Zach ignores her questions, looking at Alex and Owen, who are now looking at them as well as they make their way over, "Who's that?"

Zach blushes when Alex winks at him as Claire responds nervously, "We work together."

No one says anything for a minute as the two boys stare at the couple before finally, Owen speaks up, saying, "Hey, we got to go!"

Claire nods and motions the boys to follow Owen, though Zach isn't paying too much attention, only staring at Alex.

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

"Larry, I'm on my way back to you," Claire speaks through the phone.

"That's a bad idea," Larry says through the phone, "The board assigned emergency ops to iNGen's private security division. This guy Hoskins is in charge. And he has this insane plan to use the Raptors to hunt the Indominus."

"What do you mean 'use the Raptors?'" Claire asks incredulously.

Owen and Alex hear this, causing Owen to curse, "Son of a bitch."

"That doodle head," Alex curses. She almost makes Owen laugh at her stubbornness to not curse.

"You shouldn't say 'bitch'," Gray adds with a grin.

"Take the kids. Get them somewhere safe," Alex orders Claire as a helicopter flies overhead. They turn around though and are distracted when the huge gates - that separates themselves from most of the occupants of the park - starts to shake from the pressure of the amount of people pushing on it.

They turn around again and run towards a Jeep which is seemingly abandoned. They all pile in just as the door breaks down. Claire in the passenger seat, Owen in the driver's seat, and Alex squished in between Zach and Gray in the back seats. Both boys are holding one of Alex's hands too tightly.

Owen starts to drive backwards, away from the crowd, while Zach and Gray hold on tightly to Alex. The woman tries to calm them both down but they only resolve to wrapping their arms around her - tightly, too tightly.

They stop when they hit a wall, letting the people run by them as Zach says, "This does not feel safe!"

"Can we stay with you?" Gray asks desperately.

"I am never leaving you as long as you live," Claire responds emotionally.

"No, no," Zach protests.

"No, no, him and her," Gray says, resting one hand on Owen's shoulder as the two continue to grab Alex, who has given up trying to be released at this point.

"I'm cool with that," she shrugs, wrapping her arms around the two boy's shoulders. Zach blushing wildly. Claire is silent for a moment, maybe a little hurt.

"Yeah, definitely them," Gray confirms.

"I can feel the love," Alex replies, a smile blossoming on her face.

● ✾ ●