𝑡𝑒𝑛.

chapter ten

a rescue

        ― a rescue  』

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 Alex eventually find the road, driving up behind the truck Claire is driving. Zach and Gray cheer from their spot in the back of the truck, who's doors are wide open and swinging.

Owen drives the bike up to the side of the truck, Claire sees them, turning her head momentarily.

"We gotta get indoors. Follow me," Owen yells, accelerating and driving ahead of the truck.

When they finally reach the main part of the park, it's abandoned.

They all run in the direction of the lab. When they reach it, they find it's empty and everything's been cleared out.

"They evacuated the lab," Claire breathes, confusion evident on her face.

They make their way around the different rooms of the lab, looking at all the odd creatures and animals the scientist have created.

They're startled when group of guys come in the room they're in, putting samples of DNA and similar things in coolers for transport.

"What are you doing?" Claire asks.

"I'm afraid that's above your pay grade, honey," Hoskins replies, entering the room.

Alex glares at him. Echo is dead because of him and for that, she hates him.

"Where's Henry?" Alex asks, referring to Dr. Wo by his first name.

"Dr. Wo, he works for us," Hoskins replies.

"That's not a real dinosaur," Gray adds, looking at the dinosaur displayed on the monitor Hoskins is standing by.

"No, it ain't kid. But somebody's gotta make sure this company has a future," Hoskins replies, "Imagine, that one, a fraction of the size, deadly, intelligent, able to hide from the most advanced military technology. A living weapon unlike anything we've ever seen. You see, millions of years of evolution, what did we learn. Nature is the gift that just-"

"Hoskins doesn't finish his sentence though, as a growl comes from his right. The next moment, Blue comes flying in from another room, eyes trained on Hoskins.

Owen pushes the rest of the group behind him, backing up from the raptor, who has her eyes set on her prey.

Hoskins also backs up, to which Blue responds by walking further towards him.

"Easy," Hoskins tries to sooth as Blue snarls at him, backing him into a wall.

"Easy boy," Hoskins says, sticking his hand out a bit, once his back touches the glass wall behind him.