𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

chapter seven

sacrifices

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 of a car driving away could be heard as Owen, Claire, and Alex reach the old Jurassic Park center. They quickly run towards the noise, hoping to find the boys. They enter the old garage where they kept the park Jeeps and Owen makes his way over to a piece of clothing laying on the ground.

He picks it up and looks at Claire, "This one of theirs?"

Claire only nods, relief clear in her eyes, as she tries to catch her breath. Alex scans the small room, looking for any sign of how the two boys could've gotten the car to work. She riffles through the cabinets and utility desks, letting out a frustrated groan when she doesn't find anything.

"That road goes straight back to the park," Claire informs even though Alex and Owen aren't paying attention. The latter tries to start the car as the former looks around the table that's attached to the back wall, hoping to get some luck.

"How did they even get one of these started?" Owen wonders aloud as he looks to Alex. She gives him a shrug, running her fingers through her hair to try and calm herself.

Letting out a sigh, the man makes his way over to the counter of the table Alex is searching as the woman holds up a charger for a car battery, the raptor trainer catches sight of it, a gleam appearing in his eyes. 

Owen turns to the one car left in the garage and goes to pop the hood as Claire joins him. 

Before he can open the hood, however, the ground starts to shake, the sound of footsteps resonating throughout the area. 

Claire gasps as Owen grabs Alex pulling her into him. When they hear the next footstep, they turn, pushing their backs against the front of the car. There isn't enough room for the three of them, so Owen pulls Alex to his front, sandwiching himself between the car and her body.

It's silent for a moment for the blond looks out to the side of the car, where Owen's gun is. It's laying up against the side of the car, out of arm's reach. She wanted to groan in frustration but the shaking of the earth reminds her of the incredibly dangerous dinosaur just outside.

She immediately turns back around when she sees one of the Indominus's large feet come into view. The Indominus lowers her face to the side of the car, sniffing around. Alex grips Owen's hand with all her might, looking away from the dinosaur.

When she doesn't sense anything from her position, the creature moves the side of her face into the side of the car. The trio knew that she was trying to see if they would make a sound. They do not, though, only shut their eyes tight and look the other way.

Finally, she retracts her head from the car garage, removing herself from it completely. Once she isn't in view, Alex reaches over and grabs the gun, giving it back to Owen. The dino's footsteps can still be heard as she moves around. 

When it goes silent, the three let out a breath, sighing in relief. Their joy is short lived, however, when the Indominus's big head destroys the roof of the garage, the creature roaring loudly.

The three jump up, running through the exit, on the side of the garage, just as the Jeep slams into the work counter of the garage. They quickly run back, through the old Jurassic Park center and out of the main doors and into the wooded area surrounding it.

The Indominus breaks through a small entrance from the garage to the main center where the three were moments prior. She roars loudly, searching around for the three.

She's distracted though, when a helicopter flies over head. She quickly forgets about the three, turning her attention to the flying machine above her.

Meanwhile, Owen, Alex, and Claire make their way through the jungle.

"Larry, we found her," Claire says, talking to one of the Jurassic World workers through her cellphone, "South of the Gyrosphere Valley, between the old park and the Aviary."

"Wait, are you following the dinosaur?" Larry ( Lowery ) asks.

"Yes," Claire responds as if it is the most normal thing in the world, "Get ACU out here. Real guns this time."

"ACU is airborne," Larry informs, "They took the helicopter."

"Whose flying it?" Claire asks.

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

Owen, Alex, and Claire continue to make their way through the jungle after finding out that Mr. Masrani was the one flying the helicopter. The chopper soars overhead as the three stop short once they reach the end of the elevated land that drops down for a couple hundred feet.

The Aviary is in sight, but they can't reach it, about a mile of land and a large drop separating them. This didn't stop the Indominus though, who makes her way towards the Aviary with a quickening pace.

The helicopter from above fires at the large creature, narrowly missing it. It only seems to make the Indominus move faster, unfortunately, as she approaches the Aviary quicker than ever.

She smashes into the glass of the Aviary head first, roaring at the Pterodactyls. She frightens them and her abrupt noises forcing them to take flight. The creatures fly out of the large hole the Indominus made, heading away from their habitat.

As they fly upwards, they get caught up in Mr. Masrani's helicopter. One of the two ACU men with him is pulled out by one of the flying dinosaurs while the other is impaled by the beak of another. The helicopter loses its course, spiraling down into the Aviary and causing a big explosion to go off.

Owen, Alex, and Claire watch from afar as the scene unfolds, shock and horror written across their features. The Pterodactyls start flying in the direction of the trio, causing Alex to grab one Owen's hands and one of Claire's, "Into the trees! Into the trees!"

She pulls them along, back into the jungle. They fall over as they hit the trees, a Pterodactyl flying dangerously close for a moment before gaining height again.

The three let out sighs as they try to process what just happened.

● ✾ ●