6: SIX

She grew frustrated at the table of other board members

She grew frustrated at the table of other board members. All of them talked over each other, not really speaking about anything.

"Sir," she interrupted, "with all due respect, the Thomas case requires specific qualifications–"

"Enough, Evergreen," her boss interrupted.

"Sir, she's right. We are not equipped to handle international litigations," Cooper pressed on. Her boss allowed him to speak. Part of her thought it was due to her disability, the other that it was because she was a woman crammed in a room with men.

"Alright," their boss acquiesced. "Cooper take lead–"

"But this was Evergreen's case–"

"No, it was the firm's case, and now you're head."

Evergreen remained quiet. She knew it was utter bullshit, but she didn't have the authority to refute him. So she swallowed her voice and simply nodded. As her phone rang, she picked it up, excusing herself from the meeting.

"Grey?"

"I'm in your office."

"What?"

He hung up before she could continue. Tala led her back to her office where Grey grabbed her arms and pulled her in, shutting the door. "What are you doing here?"

She could hear a package open. "You need your shot."

She nodded, blushing. He pulled her close to him before turning her around and bending her over her desk. She bit her lip, feeling entirely promiscuous yet submissive. He unzipped her skirt, pulling it down just far enough passed her thighs. He put his leg between hers and gently ran his finger over her skin. She wanted to gasp from the contact, but she swallowed it. She jumped feeling the prick and the feeling of the fluid under her skin. He kissed the back of her head, removing the needle. He gently wiped the excess blood and placed a bandaid on before throwing the needle away.

His hand wrapped around her waist, pulling her back to her normal position. She could feel his breath against her hair, so she knew she was facing him. "I–"

"How's work?"

She sighed. She wanted to talk to someone about her shitty boss. "My boss is an asshole."

"What did he do?"

"He's just infuriating. It's fine, just a rough day. What about you?"

If he would tell the truth, she would hardly be able to handle it. Instead, he could tell half of his truth. "I handled a few situations that needed to be dealt with."

"Well, that's good."

"I brought you lunch. Chinese— Sweet and sour chicken, your–"

"My favorite," she smiled. "What about you? Have you had something to eat?"