Talking in the clear

The purple eyed boy entered Shuichi's room. He felt apprehensive but Shuichi wanted an explanation and he would give him one. He didn't want his beloved to misunderstand things and cause a rift between them. The detective protégé gestured for Kokichi to sit on his bed beside him. He did so and inhaled to calm his anxious heart.

"So..." Shuichi started with an expectant look on his face. Kokichi sighed "I know that Hiyoko and I caused drama over the chat and I want you to hear my side of the story so that you know where I'm coming from and I don't want us to be ripped apart because of this" There, that was a good way to start it. Shuichi nodded, gesturing for him to continue.

"I wasn't up to my usual shtick of being the class clown since I just wanted to have a normal conversation in the chat with the others but then Maki had to start it with her hate" Kokichi felt a surge of anger running through him. He hated Maki as much as she despised him. Everyone knew that they were basically mortal enemies. She's one of the people on his "shit" list to really bring out the worst in him and make him rage.

"The others were showing concern since I'm apparently acting weird and I'm not mad at how she tried to diss me because I've grown used to it but what really pissed me off was when she said that me and Hiyoko were so unlikeable that we only had each other to rely on and..." Kokichi trailed off and gritted his teeth in silence. Maki saying no one would ever love him or Hiyoko really stung. The leader and the dancer clung to each other for a reason after all.

"That triggered you both" Shuichi concluded. "Yeah and that is...I shouldn't be upset but it was for mine and Hiyoko's sake that we had to call her out since she's not an angel herself and you and Kaito have both been victims that she takes her stress out on" Kokichi said. He felt so exposed having to explain himself to Shuichi like this yet the detective made him feel at ease. He liked the feeling of being tension free whenever he hung out with Shuichi.

He felt the same way with Tsumugi since they were childhood friends and she witnessed his low points during a rough time in his life. She helped him out in the same way Shuichi helped him be more comfortable with their classmates and keeping him company which made him feel less lonely. 'Speaking of Tsumugi, I need to check on her' he made a mental note to speak with her when she's cooled down. Tsumugi liked to be alone when she was angry or sad.

"Maki is the only person in our class who has really made my blood boil" Kokichi had to get this off his chest. Shuichi frowned but the white clad boy continued to speak "Not even Kaito has gotten me to feel this much anger in years Shuichi, YEARS!" he emphasized the word to make his point. "The last time anyone made me feel this much rage, it was at least 3 years ago and it did not end well, Tsumugi can tell you that if you ask her" Kokichi hated remembering his past.

He hated the pitying looks people would give him and the trauma he experienced in his life was something he never liked to talk about. Kaito and Keebo once commented that he hides his true feelings and never lets anyone in on what's really going on with him. They were definitely right but Kokichi will not let them feel that satisfaction if he could. Although, Tsumugi and Shuichi talking about his "good side" and how he's misunderstood sort of thwarted that.  

"That comment she made really triggered us and in our anger, Hiyoko asked me to invite her in the chat so she could give Harucunt a piece of her mind. I know we shouldn't have said those things about Maki but she also should not have riled me up or egged me on in the first place" There, he's said his piece. Kokichi looked at Shuichi with a blank face. He usually made this expression to show that he's not fooling around.

Shuichi sighed "Well, I'm glad you told me your side of the story and with this situation at hand, I have to be neutral because I see a point on both sides. On one hand, yes, Maki should not have been so hateful and she shouldn't have provoked you and Hiyoko" he said raising one hand up to demonstrate his point.