The Deal With A Doppleganger

Elena Gilbert. The third doppelganger of the Petrova line, came racing down the stairs seeing her Aunt Jenna rummaging through the door under the stairs. 

"Hey, what are you doing?" Elena questioned.

Jenna sighed with relief. "Oh, perfect timing." Before throwing a box to Elena filled to the brim with books.

"Oh, what is this stuff?" Elena, once again questioned.

"Your mom's files from the Historical Society." Jenna answers. "I got roped into helping Mrs. Lockwood, and by roped, I mean very excited to participate." Jenna then closed the door causing Elena to gasp in fright.

There stood Elijah and Theta, both with smiles on their faces. "Hey, I'm Elijah and this is my daughter Theta." Theta wiggled her fingers at her.

Jenna then took the box from Elena and began to answer her unwritten question. "There in town doing research on Mystic Falls." Before walking into the kitchen.

Elijah began to play cat and mouse with the doppelganger. "It's a pleasure." Putting his hand out for her to shake.

"So, you know you're welcome to stay here and rummage through this stuff, or Elena and I could help you load it into your car." She told the father daughter duo.

Theta however, dismissed both of these options. "Yeah, or we could get someone to pick it up tomorrow.

Jenna nodded, going along with it. "Also a good plan." Everyone smiled, except Elena.

Elijah then began to taunt her once again. "Thank you so much for inviting us into your home Jenna, and Elena. We hope to see you again soon." 

As soon as the door shut, Elena began backing up to her room before she heard a bang. She then bolted up the stairs, knocking on Jeremy's door. However, before he opened the door. The duo sped up the stairs next to Elena. Elijah then put his finger to his lips, signalling to stay quiet.

Finally Jermey opened the door. "What is it?"

Elena then tries to lie on the spot to protect her little brother. "Um, Jenna was just asking me to get you to help her with the boxes."

Jermey doesn't think anything of it, just nodded along and leaving to help his aunt. Walking past the two vampires.

Theta begins to speak. "Wise choice, not informing Jermey."

"What do you want?" That was the only question that came out of the terrified teenager.

"It's time you and I had a little chat." Elijah answered softly.

After a few seconds, Elena ends up showing the two her room. Elijah begins to speak up when the doppelganger closes the door. "Forgive the intrusion, We mean your family no harm."

Elena wasn't having it. "Why did you kill those vampires when they tried to take me?"

"Because I didn't want you to be taken." The noble original sat on the little bench in the window, while his daughter laid on the teenager's bed. "Klaus is the most feared and hated of the Originals, but those that fear him are desperate for his approval. If word gets out that the doppelganger exists, there'll be a line of vampires eager to take you to him and I can't have that."

"Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do?" 

Theta rolls her eyes. "Dear Grandfather, you ask a lot of questions." Theta then got back on track. "And, no. Our goal is so that he doesn't break the curse."

Elena was taken back by the figure of speech, before once again, asking another question. "So, what is your goal?"

Elijah tries to make her understand. "Klaus's obsession has made him paranoid. He's a recluse. He trust only those in his immediate circle."

"Like you two?" She nodded her head to the family of two.

"Not anymore." They answer together in an almost sadded tone.

Elena finally puts the pieces together. "You don't know where he is, do you?" The young brunette crosses her arms over her chest. "So you're trying to use me to draw him out."

"Well, to do that I need you to stay put and stop trying to get yourself killed." Elijah comments with a bit of sass. A small giggle comes out of Theta's mouth. Making the father smile a bit.

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" Counterd Elena.

A loud sigh comes from Theta, tired of all the questions. "If we weren't being truthful, your family would be bleeding over the floor. Besides, lies are such a human thing to do." 

"We're here to offer you a deal." Elijah finished Theta's thought. 

That gets Elena's attention. "What kind of deal?"

Elijah stands up and begins to glance through a book that is laid on top of the teenager's dresser. "Do nothing. Do nothing, live your life, stop fighting and then, when the time is right, you and I draw out Klaus together and we shall make sure your friends remain unharmed."

"Then what?"

"My Father kills him." Theta put in her input while standing up.

"Just like that?" A snark reply came from the human, not believing a word the two were saying.

"Just like that. I'm a man of my word, Elena." A smirk played at his features. "I make a deal, I keep a deal."

"How are you gonna be able to keep everyone safe?" She whispered in disbelief.

He waves her off. "I noticed you have a friend; Bonnie, is it? She seems to possess the gift of magic. I have friends with similar gifts."

She nodded along, finally understanding that Elijah and Theta weren't fooling around. "You know witches."

A scoff escaped from the youngest of the two vampires. "Witches are not exactly uncommon." Theta then changed the subject. “Together we can protect everybody that matters in your little life. Do we have a deal Miss. Gilbert?"

After a few seconds of Elena going through the deal in her head, she comes up with an idea. "I need you to do one more thing for me."

The father daughter duo cocked their heads at the same time to this little development. Before asking, "We're negotiating now?"