03.

**Urie's Pov.**

*Seven years later.*

My eyes opened to the sound of screaming that was coming from downstairs.
I just lied there already knowing it was probably dealing with Devin and Jackson.
Those two had been butting heads a lot lately.
I turned over on my side that faced the door as I just stared at it.
It was the weekend so it couldn't be dealing with school, that I knew of anyway.
I just knew I didn't want to get out of bed.
But knowing uncle Jacob.
He'll be storming up those stairs any minute now to get me and Rhys out of bed.
Out of the six of us.
Us two were probably the most lazy if I had to narrow it down.

I sat up as the door opened and there he was.
A spatula in hand and a apron over his pajamas from last night.
Uncle Jacob stood there tapping his foot while staring at me.

"Why aren't you downstairs yet? I'm making pancakes!" He cried.
I ran a hand through my messy hair as I smiled apologetically.
"Sorry uncle J, I overslept." I got out of bed and made my way to the closet where my clothes were before pulling out a plain red t shirt.
"Uh huh you're always sorry when you over sleep, at least you're not like Rhys." Uncle Jacob stated now looking out the bedroom door.
I grinned.
"Oh yeah good luck with that." I slid my socks on and headed out of the room so he could go wake the demon.

I walked down the stairs rubbing my eyes.
It's been seven years since our dad was arrested and living with our uncle felt like heaven.
We were free to do what we wanted and could see who we wanted without judgement.

I stopped at the bottom of the stairs with an arched brow at the scene playing in front of me.

Jackson had Devin's head shoved under the sink faucet with the cold water on.
Devin was practically flailing trying to get free from the nineteen year old but from the looks of it.
Jackson was completely done with what ever Devin had done.

Jason's eyes met mine at the table with a small smirk.
"Good morning lazy bones." He greeted me as I took a seat wishing I hadn't just yet.
Devin was finally able to rip back and his cold wet hair went everywhere.
Including on us.
I sat there blinking as Jason scowled.

"Are you serious? Jackson you jack ass these were my town clothes!" He hissed getting up from the table.
I looked down at my clothes with a shrug.
I didn't have any plans today so a little water wasn't going to bother me.

Jackson turned to us then glared at Devin who was completely flushed.
"You could of killed me!" He screamed now going for a table cloth to dry his face with.
"Then keep your affection away from me, seriously Devin. It's fucking creepy." Jackson scolded.

"Let's keep the cussing to a minimum." Uncle Jacob said now with a half awake Rhys trailing behind him.
"Or at least until I'm out of the house unable to hear it." He added as he turned the coffee pot on before noticing how wet the kitchen was.
"What happened?" He looked at Jackson and Devin.
Jackson frowned.
"Devin was being touchy feely again." He told the other.

Uncle Jacob arched a brow as Devin rolled his eyes.
"There's nothing wrong being affectionate towards your siblings." He shrugged.
"It is when we're all guys!" Jackson retorted with annoyance in his voice.
Devin just stared at him before his eyes fell on me.
"Oh, Urie. Good morning." He came over and without warning.
His lips were on my cheek.

No one is honestly sure when Devin became the way he is today.
When we were kids affection was the last thing on his mind.
But as of two years ago.
He came out of his room and wanted to hug, kiss and be super close with us all.
But it's not incest!
We'd have to make his affection out more than it was and be more than pg13.
So we all just accepted Devin liked to kiss us and be cute.
Unless of course you were Jackson.
Who was far from okay with this.

I'm not going to call Jackson homophobic to his face.
Because it was obvious he was.
Anyone with eyes could see that.
But because he respected our uncle who was in fact, gay.
He kept his comments to himself.
Unless it was just us guys in the house.
Then you can imagine the amount of slurs that came out of this guys mouth.

Honestly he was one of the many reasons I haven't came out to the family yet.
It was hard to read anyone's sexuality in this house.
But we all knew who the straight one was.
And who believed in that saying.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
I hate that saying.
And I guess if you were a girl who was into girls it was.
It's Adam and Eve not Eve and Maeve.
Hell if I know.

Jackson just made a disgusted expression before looking around now.
"Where's Law at?"
"At work?" Uncle turned to him with a smirk.
"The boy is twenty four as of yesterday and his age doesn't change anything about his work schedule." Uncle told us as I grabbed some plates for the pancakes.
Jackson frowned.
"I guess I need to get an early start at finding a job then, the sooner I do. The faster I can move out." He stood as uncle turned to him with a frown.

"Jackson we've been through this, you know you're more than welcome to live here for however long you want. I don't mind." He told him.
Jackson pushed his chair in with a frown.
"I appreciate that uncle, I really do. But if I don't move out, I'll turn out like Lawson and no offense. But I want to make something with this life that doesn't involve working at a fast food restaurant as the manager while mooching off you until I die." He said and with that he left the room.

Uncle Jacob stood there before his eyes fell on the four of us.
"Well you boys know the same goes for you, if you want to live with me until the end of time. You're more than welcome." He told us.
And it was a nice thought and I think we all could tell just how lonely our uncle was.
He was forty six, single and had no kids.
So of course he'd cling to his nephews for as long as we'd let him.
But like Jackson.
I'm sure everyone had plans to move out, eventually.
Devin and I were the youngest so we'd be here a few more years before either of us decided to move out.

"Don't worry uncle J, I'll live with you and when I get married one day my family will move in here and you won't be alone." Devin told him.
I sat my orange juice down as I stared at the blond who held this pure smile.

Uncle Jacob sat his coffee down with a soft smile.
"That's sweet Devin, but don't worry about me. When you get married those feelings will change, actually no. When you start seeing someone, all you'll want is to move out and be with them. Trust me, that's how your mom was." He told us.

Jason looked at him now frowning.
"Did mom live with you or something?" He asked.
Uncle looked to him.
"I raised your mom, sure it wasn't easy being almost twenty and your fourteen year old sister being shoved on you because your parents were stupid and got thrown in prison for whatever reasons, but your mom was a mess through her teenage years." He smiled as if reminiscing about the past.
He leaned against the counter.
"Your mom was very rebellious and although she may not of seemed like it while spending her last few years with you boys, she was also the party goer type." He told us.

"No way." Jason grinned looking at our uncle who smirked.
"Uh huh, sure was. I don't know how many nights I came home from work to this house lit up with lights and full of people I didn't know, she was the wild child out of the two of us and I guess it was the taste of freedom that got to her because she took advantage of it, quick." He placed the pile of pancakes in the center of the table.

"But parties get old quick and that was around the time your mom met your dad." He frowned at the mention of him before hesitating on continuing on about the subject.
"At first your dad was a very cool and laid back guy, we got along pretty well at first even when he found out I was into guys. He said that it was cool, love was love. But then something changed." Uncle leaned back in the chair at the table.
"Your dad had a massive personality switch and he became this huge jerk towards everything and everyone, he even shipped off the puppy he got your mom for her birthday. It broke her heart but because she was in love with him, she got over it. Especially when she became pregnant with your older brother, Lawson." He took a drink of his coffee looking at us.

"Right away they both wanted their own place and she was ready to fly the coop and move in with that guy." He frowned softly.
"And when I told her she didn't have to move out, that they could keep living here. Your old man said the most cruelest thing he could to me that day." He looked down as Devin's brows knitted.
"What did he say?"
Uncle Jacob looked at him.
"No one wants to raise their kid around a faggot."

My chest ached painfully.
Uncle Jacob frowned.
"And just like that, those two moved out and I didn't hear from my sister for five whole years. She fell off the face of the planet and honestly at one point I thought she got herself killed or something, but then one day she dropped in with Lawson who was turning five in a few days, she told me that she was pregnant with you and your brother Jackson." He smiled looking at Jason who's brows were knitted.
"We talked a lot that day and caught up with what we could." He frowned softly.
"But when she left I never heard from her again, not until she fell pregnant with you. Urie." His eyes fell on me and my eyes widened.

He smiled softly.
"At first she was excited, you were her number six and for some reason she made you sound like her number one, she wanted to go over a list of names because she knew Mitchell would never listen to her, so I stayed on the phone with her for eight hours that day just to hear her talk to me again." He got up from the table.
"A few weeks passed and the next thing I knew, she had me going to court with her to file for custody so if things were to go south with your dad, she wanted me to take your older brothers in while she waited to have you, but something changed and they all stayed right where they were." He took our finished plates and sat them in the sink running hot water.

"I did go to the hospital with her when she fell into labor, she wanted Mitchell no where near her or you. Honestly she was terrified to have you because she knew if something were to go wrong, she was scared he would hurt you or worse. He'd kill you." He told me and I felt my eyes burning.
"Your moms health was already bad before she even got pregnant with any of you punks." He told us.
"But she wanted to play God and see just how many kids she could have before her time was up." He explained.
"And here we are, six kids later and you're all a mess. But, I'm sure she'd be happy to know you're all alive and well." He smiled as his eyes fell on the archway.

We all turned and there stood both Lawson and Jackson.
Frowning at the story.
There was no telling how long they had been there, but it was obvious it had been a while based on the mixed emotions in Jackson's face.

Uncle Jacob looked up at them.
"You're home early, Lawson." He pointed out.
Lawson shoved his hands into his pockets.
"It was a slow day so we closed up earlier than usual, it's not a big deal the owner gave us the okay." He explained.
Uncle Jacob nodded in response.
"Well the days still plenty young so you boys best get out and do something, three of you have class on Monday." He told us.

I got to my feet with a nod.
"I'll see if the guys or Chloe are busy, maybe we'll hit up the mall." I shrugged heading off to my room, closing the door behind me with a heavy sigh.
I leaned against the door with my arms crossed.
I honestly didn't know what I wanted to do today.
Maybe I'll just go to the mall alone and if I run into them, cool.

I removed my clothes before replacing my red shirt with the black one and grabbed my blue skinny jeans.
I slid my black converse's on before heading back out of the room.
I made sure my phone was charged or well charged enough.

I walked back down the stairs where the others were.

"Are they meeting you at the mall?" Lawson asked me with his arms crossed.
I blinked before nodding.
"Yeah, I'm just going to walk so I'll see you guys later." I told them.
"Wait Urie." I turned to my uncle who came up with his wallet.
He handed me a twenty.
"In case you get hungry or see something you like." He smiled.
I smiled softly.
"Thanks." I stuffed it in my pocket before heading out of the house.

The sun was out and it felt more humid than usual.
I guess a storm was on its way, it always got hot before it rained.
I looked around and sure enough.
Rain clouds were heading this way.
Good thing I didn't ask to use the car or have someone drive me.
If there was one thing worse than driving.
It was driving in the rain.
Hydroplaning scared the hell out of me.
It's only happened once and that was with Lawson.

Jackson got bit by a snake and of course I was in the car with him so he basically floored it to the hospital, thinking his brother was going to die from the grass snakes venom.
He recovered, obviously.
But now he hates snakes.

I walked through the doors to the mall and it felt better in here than it did outside.
I looked around before walking inside of Hot Topic.
One of my top favorite stores.
I walked around and wished I had picked up a small side job so I could of had more cash than just this twenty, not that I wasn't grateful.
It's just.
When you come into a store like Hot Topic.
You tend to want to go broke.
Fast.

I settled for the CD section, they had a few on sale but none that were really screaming pick me.
Sighing I ran a hand through my hair.
Maybe it was because I was on a tight budget and already knew I'd want to buy a corn dog before heading home.
Man this sucks.

"Where are your friends at?"
I nearly jumped out of my skin before my eyes fell on one of my brothers friends.
And suddenly I felt insanely shy.

Nathan Hendrix.
He was a few inches away from me but noticed me right away.
And knowing my luck.
He'd tell Lawson I was alone at the mall, again.

"They're running late." I lied looking back at the CD's trying to decide which one I'd settle on that would get me out of here fast enough to avoid conversation with this guy.
I had nothing against Nathan.
But he was my brothers best friend and if I stalled in this store, he'd find out fast I was lying and force me to go home.

Nathan arched a brow looking around and I hate to admit it.
But I've probably had a crush on this guy since the day Lawson brought him over.
To me he was insanely attractive.
He was tall, built and had soft green eyes with dark brown hair that could easily be mistaken as black.
And when he smiled?
It felt like you were going to melt right in front of him.
But because of the intense age gap between us.
As well as him probably not even swinging that way.
It was impossible to let him know how I felt.

"Then I guess you won't mind if I hang around until they pop up, right?" He smirked now and I felt my face threatening to grow warm.
"Not at all." I shrugged pulling out my phone and sending Alex a quick text to get to the mall and to ask questions later.
I knew I couldn't get away with stalling when it came to Nathan.
He was quick and sly and could catch onto a lie faster than you could throw it.

"So are you going to look at the CD's the entire time or actually look around?" Nathan questioned.
I frowned at him.
"My uncle gave me a twenty so I have to be smart with how I spend it, even if it means settling for Bullet For My Valentine." I frowned.
I had nothing against the band, they're just not who I wanted.
I stared at the newest Hollywood Undead CD and apparently Nathan noticed because he smirked grabbing it.
"Hold onto your money." He walked over to the cashier as my eyes widened.
"What? Nathan no, it's fine. I'll just do yard work and come back-"
"What if its not here when you do come back?" His smirk never fell as he handed the blushing cashier his credit card.
I frowned as she handed it back before he handed me the small bag with the CD.
"Consider it an early birthday gift." He told me.
I blinked.
"My birthday isn't until October." I pointed out.
He made a face.
"What month is it?"
"April?" I nibbled my lip confused.
"Oh, well happy Easter." He smirked walking out of the store with me.

I bit my lip feeling awkward.
"Thanks." I finally said as he glanced to me.
"You know with you being sixteen I'm sure getting a job at a coffee shop or something wouldn't be too hard." He suggested.
I stared ahead with a frown.
"Lawson isn't exactly huge on me and Devin getting jobs just yet." I confessed.
Nathan arched a brow.
"He's your brother not your old man, I think the one you should take it up to about a job would be your legal guardian and that's your uncle." He said now.
That made sense.
But pissing Lawson off wasn't something I was fond of.

"Hmm maybe I'll talk to him then." I said already waving the thought off.
Nathan smirked.
"That way if you got a job, you could buy me something. It's a fair trade. I'll even take a coffee." He shrugged.
I blinked but smiled softly.
"It'll be the cheapest coffee you can find-"
"Water it is then." He laughed.

"Urie!" I looked ahead to where my best friend was.
Alex ran in with his bag as he came up to us.

"Well this is where we part, stay safe." Nathan ruffled my hair heading in the opposite direction.
I stood there and Alex's expression morphed into a confused yet concerned one.
"Dude you okay? You're really red." He pointed out.
My heart was racing really fast.
Oh no.

"I'll explain on the way, let's go play some games." I told him.
Not questioning it, Alex followed behind me.

I needed a distraction.
Something to get Nathan off my mind.
I couldn't like him.
Lawson would kill him and probably disown me.
But still.

Part of me was okay with that.
I think.