09.

**Urie's Pov.**

After the mess with those guys.
Spring break was finally upon us and Lawson thought a trip to the beach for the week would be good for everyone.
Thankfully no one made plans before Lawson told us to cancel if we had.
It was going to feel like a massive beach party because most of our friends would be crashing over, even if that meant sleeping on the floor.
I was a little nervous though because Nathan would also be tagging along as well as Briar.
And for some reason.
Jason actually seemed excited knowing he was coming?
Maybe they were..
No.
I wouldn't assume things, that'd only cause problems later on.

The house our uncle let us rent had ten rooms which sounded nice but intense to be honest, but it would just remind me of ours except for the extra rooms not to mention more to do.

"Almost ready?" I heard Jason question outside of the bedroom.
I turned around from my bed to the other completely dressed in beach attire and looking ready to go.
I looked to my unfinished bag.
"Almost." I smirked as he sighed.
"Good grief kid." He smirked walking into the room now with crossed arms.
"None of this is even matching!" He laughed pouring my clothes out on the bed.
I rolled my eyes in response.
"I wasn't aware we needed to match at the beach." I grinned as he looked through my clothes.
Jason looked to me.
"You don't want to go there looking like you don't care." He told me handing me some clothes that did match.

Taking them and folding them back into my bag.
"Well I mean I'll be shirtless for the most of it." I shrugged.
"I'm talking about if we go to a restaurant or go walking, you'd want to look a little nice." He said as I looked to the blond who seemed focused about this.
I blinked but nodded as he handed me some other clothes before closing the drawers and closet door.
"Alright, we're done." He turned to me with a smirk.
"Now get dressed." He walked out as I began to undress.

A week with Nathan felt like it was going to be torturous.
We've only kissed but I knew part of me was going to go insane knowing we couldn't be a couple while there.

I pulled the solid white shirt over my head before pulling my dark red shorts up buttoning them before walking out of the room.

"Okay are we ready?" Lawson questioned as I joined everyone in the hallway.
We all nodded as our attention turned to uncle Jacob who stood in his pajamas.
"Well you boys have fun and be safe, I don't care what time you come home Sunday as long as it's before the boys go to school on Monday." He told us.
Lawson grinned.
"We'll be home sometime that evening." He pulled the door open and we all walked out and headed to the truck.

I sat in the back with Jason and Devin while the other three sat up front.
"Did you guys invite your friends?" Lawson asked behind the wheel.
Devin nodded.
"Sam and Tyler can't make it but Liam said he'd try to come." He shrugged as if it didn't matter.
Jason looked to the other blond.
"Haven't you and Liam been having some fights lately?" He questioned.
Devin bit his gum.
"Just some disagreements but I wouldn't call them fights," his eyes fell on me.
"Did you invite your friends?" He asked me grinning.

I looked to the other.
"Alex is coming, but Chloe and Mateo both said they may pop up sometime this week. They already had plans for spring break." I told the other.
Devin nodded as he looked out the window.
"I think Abel and Madison are coming but Ryan caught a cold so he's out." Rhys said from up front.

"Definitely don't want someone sick tagging along, the shits contagious." Jackson commented next to the other.
"What about you? Any party goers coming?" Lawson asked the other brunet.
"Those three messes said they'd be popping up, Nick will be there for sure because he wants to grill on the pit." Jackson smirked.
Lawson grinned.
"Right of course he does, and my three will also be there. Quinn just has to finish some quick shopping before she'll be able to come out." He said driving towards the beach.

My heart was in my throat from both the excitement and nerves catching up.
We were going to be here for a week.
"Did anyone pack sunscreen?" Devin asked now.
"I did." Jason told the other.
"No one wants to return to work or school burnt to a crisp because I already know we'll be on the beach from dusk til dawn." He grinned.

"Speak for yourself party boy, my girlfriend will be here so my attention will be focused on us." Lawson spoke up as we drove by the beach houses.
Rhys nodded.
"Yeah and Madison isn't as into the beach as we are but she wants to come so the two of us can hang out this week." He said.
Jackson looked to him.
"What about Abel? Are you just going to toss him to the sharks or something?" He questioned smirking.
Rhys blinked.
"Oh well if Lawson doesn't buy alcohol he said something about going and hitting some strangers up about getting us some so he can get wrecked for the week." He smirked now.

"Our break hasn't even officially started yet and I feel like you kids are going to stress me out." Lawson commented pulling up to the mint green beach house and wow.
It was huge.
It had to be at least two stories from the width and length.
It made our house look like a joke.

"Don't forget to unpack before you explore!" Lawson hissed as Nathan's car drove up, followed by Abel's jeep and Nick's mustang.

"Oh shit it's a party already." Nick rubbed his hands together grinning as he came up to us.
Cole and Dylan were both behind the other grinning at the sight of the house.
But my attention was on Nathan who's eyes were hiding behind his sunglasses but I could already tell his eyes were locked on me.
I felt shy as he came up looking around before looking to Lawson.

"Your uncle isn't going to go bankrupt while we stay here, is he?" He questioned removing his sunglasses now with an arched brow.
Lawson lifted up the cooler.
"Our uncle's loaded dude, don't worry about the expenses. Plus I chipped in the first four nights so all he's paying for is three nights, you're welcome everybody." He headed for the stairs as I grabbed my bag.

"A week with you should be fun." Nathan said behind me.
 I turned to him trying not to blush.
"I hope." I grinned walking away from the other and sure the outside seemed great.
But the inside?
A whole different feeling.
Wow..
I suddenly felt out of place not to mention insanely pour.

"Gee whiz, Lawson." Briar placed a hand on his hip frowning as he took the place in.
"It's a week get away and you're making this house more interesting than what we're here for." His eyes fell on Jason but he looked away.
Lawson shrugged in response.
"Hey man we didn't really look at the pictures, we were more focused on rooms and space. This is what we got, but your asses better be on that beach because that is what we're also here for." He smirked.

"So, where is everyone sleeping?" Jason looked around then up towards the staircase.
Lawson thought for a minute.
"Well there's going to be thirteen of us here, I think there's two beds in a few of the rooms so I'm sure we're going to be good. You guys can room up with who ever." He shrugged.

"I'm going to look for a room to bunk in then." Devin stated looking to me.
"Want to join?" He offered.
I moved forward with a nod.

"Hey Nathan let's get the rest unpacked, the sooner we get those vehicles empty the sooner our day starts." Lawson called and I hadn't realized he was fixing to follow us before the other had called out to him.
 I grinned at his disappointed expression before following Devin up the stairs.

"These rooms are so nice!" Devin beamed walking into one with a ocean view.
I nodded taking in that this room had two full beds and a couch in the corner.
"They really are." I agreed walking up to the window where the other was looking out.

"Are you going to try to room with, Nathan?"  He asked me not looking my way as he looked outside.
My face grew warm.
"Oh I-"
"Urie." He looked to me now smirking softly.
"If you two room you'll send red flags to our siblings, it's your call on what you want to do though." He shrugged.
I frowned softly.
"I was going to room with Alex." I felt disappointed saying it out loud, even though he was my best friend.
Part of me was wanting to room with Nathan more.
Devin studied me before shrugging.
"Like I said, it's your call. If you want to share a room with him then go for it, I can already tell you Jason is going to try the same thing with Briar." He told me.

My eyes grew wide.
"Wait so are they-"
"I think so." Devin smirked.
"They're really bad at hiding it and it's pretty obvious they're into each other, especially if you catch them looking at the other, it's actually cute that Jason doesn't want Lawson to know, but just like with you and Nathan. I don't think Lawson will be huge on the idea of you two dating his friends." He told me.
"So if someone wanted to date Liam?" I grinned as he made a face.
"I'd rather they didn't not to mention Liam isn't into seeing anyone so it'd be a waste." He shrugged walking to the door.
"Like I said Urie, don't ever think you have one step ahead of our brothers. Especially the older ones, they're a bit smarter than you think." He smirked walking out and I just stood there running a hand through my hair.
Somehow something was telling me.
This trip was going to suck.

"We're heading down to the beach." Jason told the few that were left in the house which was me, Nathan, Abel, Rhys and Cody.
"Madison is fixing to be here so I'm waiting on her." Rhys shrugged looking at his phone as Abel smirked in response.
"She could just walk down there." He suggested.
Rhys blinked.
"Yeah, you're right I guess." He handed the other the towels as the black haired teen arched a brow.
"Uh dude?"
"You can walk down there alone like the gentlemen you are." Rhys smirked.
Abel rolled his olive green eyes with a smirk.
"Fuck you." He walked out as Rhys looked to us with a curious gaze.

"Are you two not going?" He asked.
"I actually forgot something in my bag." I lied heading upstairs before face palming.
I walked into the room I would be sharing with Alex before walking over to the bed.
"Talk about awkward."
I turned to Nathan who stood at the door with a smirk.
I felt shy as he came up pressing his lips to mine.
"If you're wanting to date in secret it's going to be such a pain for us both, why not just tell your brothers and get it over with?" He suggested.
My face burned.
"Lawson will kick you out of his life and probably disown me." I told him.
Nathan arched a brow before shutting the door then locked it.

"What are you-"
"Shh." He smirked pressing his lips back to mine pushing me onto the bed as he crawled on top of me.
His lips locked with mine as his free hand traveled under my shirt.
My face burned.
"I just want to be cute for a minute before we have to go back to being complete strangers." He breathed against me.
My chest grew tight but moaned softly at the feeling of his hand on me.
"You're hard-"
"Don't announce it." I cried glaring at him.
He smirked in response.
"It's really going to be hard keeping my hands to myself living a week here with you, you're easy to tease." He bit my ear before getting up as I made a face.

"We can always tell them-"
"No." I denied the idea as he shrugged kissing me one more time.
"Then this will be us for the next four years." He told me walking out of the room.

I sat there with my face flushed and my heart racing.
The next four years?
Could I really date him in secret for four years?
I wanted to be open about our relationship.
But Lawson would shut it down fast.
And I didn't want to lose Nathan.
Not now.

I went to the bathroom to wet my face before heading out of the house to walk down to the beach, alone.

Everyone was in one area, mostly.
Some of the guys were in the water while the girls were sunbathing watching their boyfriends in amusement.
I sighed softly walking over to the water feeling some relief that it wasn't ice cold.
But my mind fell back to a few years ago.
Now that I was thinking about it.

My eyes fell on Devin and Jason who were playing chicken with Abel and Briar.
Wasn't Devin scared of the water?

*Four years ago.*

"Don't go too far in!" Lawson hissed at the twelve year old Devin who was running into the water with a devious grin.
"I'll be fine!" He told the twenty year old who was far from pleased about that as he stood at a distance with Quinn, the two had just started dating a week ago and Lawson thought a weekend trip to the beach would be fun for everyone.

"He's going too far." Jason told Lawson frowning.
Lawson stood up from the blanket as Quinn joined the other with knitted brows.
"Devin! Come back to us, you're too far!" Lawson demanded frowning deeply.
Devin turned to the other.
"I told you! I'm fine!" He screamed and just as he said that.
This wave hit the other pulling him completely under.

"Oh my god." Quinn screamed as Lawson ripped off his shirt before running into the water diving as soon as he thought he was deep enough.

Jason stood there holding Urie's hand who's eyes were burning with tears.
"Is he-"

Lawson came up fast with an unconscious Devin in his hold.
Everyone's eyes grew wide as Lawson walked over to the towel, a crowd of strangers had formed around them as Lawson began CPR on the twelve year old.
"Come on." Lawson growled pushing down on the others chest, he raised his head back pinching the others nose before blowing inside the others mouth before pushing down again.
"Come on Devin!" He hissed before the blond was sitting up shoving Lawson aside throwing up the water he had inhaled.

I stood there frowning as Jason managed to shove the other off.
Jason and Briar cheering themselves on as Devin came up fast with a glare.
"You cheated!" He accused.
"How do you cheat playing chicken?" Briar arched a brow as Abel smirked at the blond who was getting flustered.
"Best two out of three then!"
"You keep losing." Jason grinned.
"Not this time." Devin sounded so sure.

I smirked softly sitting down in the soft sand as the waves hit my feet.
I didn't want to get in the water today as I leaned back soaking in the sun.
It felt nice.
I didn't even realize how tired I felt before having to force my eyes open to keep myself from falling asleep.
Maybe I should go for a walk?
I got up and stretched before walking down the beach, not too far just so the guys wouldn't freak out.
I just didn't want to hang around sitting there while they all had a great time.
I mean I was having a good time.
I just wanted to spend the week with Nathan.
But it was obviously not happening.

I guess I couldn't sulk about this or let it ruin the trip.
Maybe I would find someone else like Chloe and the others suggested to do.
That could be what this trip was about.
To find someone else more my age, not any of my brothers friends and to move on from Nathan.
But who?

There were guys everywhere.
But most of them had girls hooked on their arms.
This may be harder than I want it to be.

I stopped walking as this volleyball rolled up to me.
I made a face.

"Hey bud could you toss that back to us?" I looked up and wow.
Five guys were over at I guess this beach volleyball court waiting patiently for their ball back.
But the guy in front of me?
I lost all track of what I was thinking about.

He was tall, slim with pushed back black hair that exposed his baby blue eyes, they were all covered in sweat as well.
"Oh um sure." I lifted the ball before tossing it back to the other.
He smirked.
"Thanks." He turned away but stopped himself.

"Hey wait-" he looked to me.
"Do you know anything about volleyball?" He asked.
My stomach twisted.
"Ah not really." I frowned.
He made a face.
"Shit. See we need one more player and you seemed like you'd be a great filler." He told me.
I blinked.
"I mean I can try if you guys just need another member?" I offered.
He grinned.
"Awesome."

He walked me over to the other four.
"So I'm Brendon, over there is Zach and across from him is Joey, Josh and James." He introduced to me as I waved.
"Hey, I'm Urie." I told them.
"Urie?" Brendon looked to me amused.
"Creative parents, I like it. Okay so you're on my team." He told me as I nodded.

The game went on for what felt like ever and by the end of it.
We had a crowd of people.
And that included my own brothers who were watching us.

"One more point!" Zach hissed as he tossed the ball up.
"Urie!" Brendon yelled as I ran to the end of the net jumping up before Joey and Josh followed me for Zach to only grin deviously dumping the ball on the other side of the net.

Everyone cheered as I stood there panting, covered in sweat as the guys all began to shake hands with grins.
"Hey you're pretty good guy, are you on any teams?" Brendon asked me with interest, Joey at his side drinking a bottled water.
"No actually." I felt shy with a smile.
"Like I told you, I don't really play." I told him.
"Oh right, beginners luck then." Brendon smirked.

"How long you here for?" He asked me next.
 I blinked.
"Until next Sunday." I told the other.
His eyes lit up.
"No way!" He grinned before patting himself.
"I am too, I was going to give you my number. Maybe we can hang out or play another game before you go?" He suggested as he took a piece of paper from Joey jotting his number down then handed it to me.
I smiled softly.
"Sure I'll let you know, it was nice playing with you guys." I waved them off turning around to only stop to find my brothers and our friends all there.

"Congrats." Lawson smirked at me as my face turned red.
"Oh, t-thanks."  I felt even more shy as Jason walked at my side.
"Maybe you should see if the school offers volleyball as a club? You seemed to enjoy it." He pointed out.
I nibbled my lip.
"Yeah a little." I smiled now.

I held onto Brendon's number in my pocket.
Maybe he was who I needed.
Maybe this break will be a lot better now that I've ran into those guys.
I just hope.
Nothing messes this up.
And things actually work between us.

And hopefully.
Jealousy doesn't get in the way of that.
And not just for me.
But for the others as well.