05.

**Jason's Pov.**

"What are you thinking exactly?" I demanded inside of Urie's room who just stood there with this unsure look on his face.
"It's not what you're thinking." He told me as I smirked irritated.
"Urie I may be nineteen, unemployed and a drop out. But I am not as stupid as you think." I crossed my arms and actually felt pretty dumb with how that same out not to mention sounded.
Urie nibbled his lip.
"Like I said, it's not what you're thinking. Nathan was just-"
"Being too close to you? Talking in a way he should be talking to his partner?" I narrowed my eyes at him and the color drained from his face.
"You heard."
"You bet your ass I heard, why else would I be in here screeching at you over how stupid you're being?" I asked him frowning.

He just shrugged frowning at me.
"It's not like it meant anything, I already know how this works. He's Law's best friend and I'm the sixteen year old that is practically jail bait to him if we were to try something." He looked away from me frowning.
I ran a hand through my hair sighing softly.
"Just--look tonight Lawson is throwing that party, if you're wanting to look at guys or flirt. Just do it out of both Jackson's and Lawson's eye vision, as your older brother I'm supposed to support you in whatever way I can. But when it comes to Jackson's and Lawson's anger when they've been crossed in the wrong way? I don't think I can back you up in the way you need me too." I looked down at the other and he frowned in response.
"I know that-"
"Just be smart then, okay? Don't go out there thinking you're sly to get away with things, you have five older brothers who watch you like a hawk and if Lawson or Jackson catch you around Nathan way too much, they'll begin to suspect something and the last thing we need is drama getting stirred up or fists being swung." I frowned as he bit his lip getting to his feet.

"I understand." And I couldn't tell if the other was being honest with me but I ignored it walking to the door with a heavy sigh.
"You're still young, Urie." I looked to him.
"There are a lot more guys out there that are probably way better than Nathan, all that will get you is problems and angry siblings." I said now walking out of the room leaving the other alone.

"What a buzz kill."
I stopped down the hall before turning to the bathroom where Nathan had been, he stood there his eyes glued to his phone before they met mine.
"Are you really going to stand there and tell that kid who he can and can't see?" He asked me.
I glared softly.
"I am."
"You're not his dad-"
"And you're too old for him." I growled now glaring.
"He's sixteen and you're twenty four Nathan, use that thing we call a brain or does that not exist inside your head?" I shot.

He only smirked in response.
"I think he's old enough to decide who he can see without someone else's say so." He told me.
My eye twitched.
"You'd risk your friendship with Lawson over seeing our younger brother?" I asked him.
Nathan shrugged and my blood boiled.
"Okay new idea." I clapped my hands walking right up to him with a smile.
"Stay away from Urie, or I'll press charges as well as call the police." I told him continuing to smile.

Nathan stared at me.
"You'll become someone he'd hate by doing that." He told me.
"I'd rather him hate me by keeping him safe and if it means becoming the bad guy, I'll become the bad guy. Let me tell it to you straight so an idiot like you can understand." I smiled.
"You're not worth my brothers time, like I said. Stay away, I won't tell you again." I warned storming away from the other.

I needed something cold after that.
Yes.
Urie would probably hate me for meddling.
But I knew Jackson and I knew Lawson.
And I didn't want Urie to see them at their absolute worst when it came to anger.

I walked downstairs and people were already coming into the house.
Uncle was already gone which was a good sign.

"What pissed you off?" I turned to Rhys who was at the table with an arched brow.
I turned to the other frowning.
"It's nothing, where is Jackson?" I asked him.
"He's been on the phone with Nick I think, hey are you sure you're okay though?" He frowned at me.
I rubbed my neck frowning.
"I'm fine I just need some water, have you seen Lawson?"
"He's outside with Quinn, she just got here." He told me.
I nodded grabbing a bottled water out of the fridge before popping it open and taking a long drink.