04.

**Urie's Pov.**

"Maybe he was just being friendly?" Alex suggested shooting at the zombies in the game room.
I frowned backing the other up before tossing a grenade at some.
"I don't know maybe I was misreading his kindness as flirting." I bit my lip not really minding that idea.
Alex paused as he looked over the machine at me.
"Is that something you'd actually risk? Nathan is eight years older than you dude, you know I don't judge. I've supported you since day one but you need to stop and think about your brothers, especially the older two." The game ended and the blond walked over to me with his arms crossed.
"Jackson is homophobic and Nathan is Lawson's best friend, I feel like that would cause nothing but drama for you." Alex pointed out.

He was right and I hated to admit that.
I ran a hand through my hair.
"You're right." I sighed looking around.
"Want to hit up another game or are you ready to call it quits?" I asked.
Alex thought for a moment.
"I mean food sounds nice, we could hit up a food stand then head back to your place and hang out?" He suggested.
I nodded.
"Sounds good to me, I'm getting hungry anyway." I shrugged walking out with the other behind me.

We walked towards the food court and my mind was wrapped around the thought of Nathan, and I knew that was bad.
Alex made valid points.
Nathan was older than me than I'd like to admit.
And if Lawson found out either of us had feelings for the other.
He'd put a stop to it right then and there.
Even if it meant kicking Lawson out of his life.
..
Or me.

"What sounds good?" Alex looked around as my stomach growled at the very smell of food.
"Corn dogs." I grinned.
Alex glanced to me before rolling his eyes with a smirk.
"And you wonder why you're so skinny, you never eat and when you do its a corn dog." He grabbed my hand leading me towards a Chinese buffet and my stomach twisted.
"Alex this place-"
"I'm buying but when we come back here, you'll buy me something alright?" He smirked handing me a plate.
I held it with hesitation before sighing with a nod.
"Alright deal."

"Man I'm stuffed." Alex complained walking down the street.
I glanced to the other who was rubbing his stomach.
I rolled my eyes with a grin.
"You shouldn't of ate so much, stupid." I laughed.
Alex blinked.
"I'm not stupid, you're stupid."
"We're both stupid." I shrugged.
Alex looked to me.
"How do you figure?" He asked.
I crossed my arms as if to think about it.
"Well you have a tendency of overeating and I have this thing with Nathan." I pointed out.

"This thing?" Alex smirked.
"You act like you two are fuck buddies or something." He grinned.
My face grew warm.
"N-No, that's not how I wanted to word it!" I felt my face burning now.
"I mean I may have a crush on him, I think I always have but.." I looked to the bag I had been holding onto for dear life since we left the mall.
"Then he went and bought me the CD, whether it was out of kindness or his way of hinting he liked me." I stopped at the gate that lead to uncle Jacob's house.
Even though we've lived here for eight years now.
I still call it his house.
Not ours.
Maybe it's because it feels like when we least expect it.
Someone will come in and steal us.
Or we'll move out one by one and it'll no longer be called home.

Alex pushed the gate open with a frown.
"Well just keep those thoughts between us, if word gets out to your brothers that you like-"

"Like who?"
My blood ran cold before turning to the left where the hedge was.
Jason stood there covered in sweat as his brow arched up.
Oh shit.

"Alex!" I lied and immediately face palmed.
Alex didn't even swing that way, he was just my number one supporter and if my brothers paid attention which Jason usually did, they'd know he was straight.
As much as he talks about breasts and wanting random hook ups.
It was obvious.

Jason made a face.
"I wasn't aware Alex was bisexual?" He turned the blond who was glaring at me before turning back to the other.
"Neither did I." He smiled tightly.
"It just happened I guess." He shrugged and I knew he was pissed.
Of all names I could shout out.
Mateo would of been perfect because he was gay.
But I didn't like him like that.
He was also the closeted gay.
I mean more closeted than me.

And I actually forgot Jason knew I was gay.
So maybe that was why I wasn't in such a panicked mess over this.
Even though I knew Alex was far from happy about being used as a cover up.

Jason frowned.
"Well don't make it awkward between you two and make sure you keep your flirting to a minimum around Jack, you know how he feels about that." He told me.
We were both completely flushed before I nodded quickly taking the others wrist and storming into the house in hopes we wouldn't run into anyone else.

"Dude!" Alex hissed once we got in the room and I closed the door.
I turned to him with knitted brows.
"I'm sorry I panicked! I couldn't think of anyone else." I cried and the blond glared.
"It's fine we just have to stage a mutual understanding that it won't work, mainly because I'm more straight than I thought I was. No offense." He shrugged.
I shook my head.
"None taken but seriously Alex, I am sorry."
"It's fine, we'll just have to clean this mess up fast because if word gets out someone thinks I'm bisexual, my parents will overreact and start wondering where they went wrong. They're not like Jackson when it comes to homophobia but they don't really agree with it either, I'm their only son so my last name has to carry on, or at least that's what my dad is always cramming down my throat." He frowned looking away.

I nodded with a frown.
"No I get it, trust me." I looked to the bedroom door.
"If Jackson was a little more open minded about it, maybe I would finally come out to them."
"Jason acts like he already knows your gay?" Alex pointed out.
"Because he does." I took a seat on the bed with a sigh.

"Don't laugh but I downloaded one of those phone sex things out of curiosity and Jason may of walked in on me after hearing me moaning some guys name." My face was burning at the sound of Alex laughing.
"Oh man, that sucks!"
"You weren't supposed to laugh!" I hissed.
"Dude how can I not? You were having phone sex with a perfect stranger and what makes it even better is the fact you haven't even done it yet, so pardon me but I'm very intrigued to know just what you two could of been talking about when you have no experience." He grinned.

"Go home, Alex." I whined covering my face with the pillow to only have it pulled off by the other.
"Dude I'm your best friend its my job to embarrass you further than you already have and actually, consider this payback for throwing me into your mess." He arched a brow now.
I stared at the other frowning.
"You're right and I'm still sorry about this." I sat up now rubbing my neck frowning.
Alex shrugged.
"It's fine, anyway. Want to watch a movie?" He suggested looking to the small TV that rested on the stand near the wall in front of my bed.
He walked over to the drawer that held my movies as he began to scan through them.

"Wanna watch this?" He held up Wrong Turn as I blinked but smirked.
"Sure." I crawled out of bed to hit the lights before he joined me crawling under the covers, pushing play as we watched the screen.

I think through half of it we were making fun of the movie.
"Honestly the guy wasn't listening and now this is why he's going to die." Alex shrugged next to me.
I glanced to him.
"Do you think you'd survive out there?" I asked.
Alex made a face.
"Probably because unlike this genius I'd actually use my ears." He told me.
"He's an actor though."
"Doesn't matter." Alex smirked before cringing as the inbred killer dropped the red head he killed earlier and wow.
The make up artist was great at their job.
What would suck is if this was real life and she actually died.

"I don't know if I'd survive." I said now.
Alex blinked before smirking.
"Yeah knowing you, you'd trip and something else would kill you before they even got the chance." Alex laughed as my face grew red.
"I could see it too, the killer would come up to your dead body and be all pissed because he wanted to be the one to kill you, but because you were clumsy the root you tripped over beat him to it." Alex laughed as I shoved him with a laugh of my own.
"Stop you jack ass." I laughed but our laughter came to a stop at the sound of knocking on my door.

Rhys pushed it open with a questionable gaze but no questions ever left his mouth.
"Uncle's grabbing pizza." His eyes fell on Alex.
"Are you eating with us?" He asked the other.
Alex blinked.
"As nice as that sounds, I probably need to get home. It looked like it was going to storm when we got here." He crawled out of bed now and I frowned.
"Lawson can bring you." Rhys walked out first and Alex turned to me.

"I'll text you later dude." He told me as I nodded sitting on the edge of the bed.
Devin must of begged uncle to grab the pizza because there's no way he would just randomly choose pizza for supper.
And Devin was a bit much for his own good so it really wouldn't surprise me if he dropped to his hands and knees about it.
I got to my feet and headed out of the room.

I kind of wished Alex would of stayed for pizza but after the awkward atmosphere between us and Jason.
I could take a hint when it was thrown and I guess Alex was feeling uncomfortable or worried Jason may say something at the table.
He wasn't known to do that but you just never knew when it came to the third oldest.

I made it downstairs and headed right for the dinning room where the others were already it.
Lawson was missing in action but that was probably because he had to bring Alex home.

My eyes fell on Devin who was getting some plates down.
"What kind of begging did you have to do for uncle to cave into buying pizza?" I asked the blond who turned to me with a grin.
"I wouldn't call it begging, I just asked him to take the night off from cooking for once. He's strongly against greasy foods but you never see the guy eating take out, surprisingly he told me okay, asked what flavors we'd want and he left out." He took a seat at the table now.

I blinked joining the other.
"Why do I feel like there's some kind of catch?" I arched a brow.
Devin grinned in response.
"You're over thinking it Urie, uncle-"
"He promised uncle he'd mow the lawn for the next two weeks without complaint." Rhys told me sipping on his tea ignoring the scowl aimed at him by the other.

"Why do you have to be such a buzz kill?" Devin asked him.
Rhys blinked.
"Well why do you have to be such a bad liar?" He shot back.
"Excuse me? I am a great liar!"

"Please don't praise yourself over something like that." Jason said now looking up from his phone with knitted brows.
"Lying isn't something you should feel proud of, no matter what its over." His eyes fell on me for some reason and that made me feel uneasy.

"Pizza's here!" We heard uncle Jacob announce as he walked in with three boxes.
"You boys better share this equally, no stuffing yourselves. You may have that fast metabolism your mom had, but it doesn't mean you go nuts over eating too much." He told us sitting the boxes down and right away Devin was lifting the lid but hissed at the feeling of Jackson's hand hitting his.
"Wait you damn pig, Lawson isn't here yet." He growled.
Devin glared at him as my eyes fell on the clock on the wall.
It shouldn't be too long, Alex didn't exactly live far from us.

We sat there for the longest time before the sound of a car locking and the front door opening alerted us that Lawson was back.
But he wasn't alone.

Nathan and Briar were both with him.
Nathan's eyes met mine first and I looked away fast.
And unfortunately for me.
Jason saw my reaction and that curious gaze stuck on his face. 

"Oh? You brought one home then returned with two?" Uncle looked at the pizza with a sigh.
"I knew I should of gone with that five for five deal." He complained now.

Briar smirked in response.
"Don't worry Mr.Martin, Nathan and I already ate." He told the other running a hand through his short black hair.
Uncle Jacob sighed with relief.
"Hopefully it wasn't full of grease-"
"It was BBQ." Briar's gray eyes sparked with amusement as our uncle just stared before clearing his throat.
"Well you two know where the fridge is for drinks, help yourselves." He told them joining us at the table.

Jason looked to Lawson.
"Where's your girlfriend?" He asked the other.
Lawson blinked.
"She's back at her dorm studying for next weeks exams, you know something you get to look forward to if you want to go to college." He shrugged with suggestion.
Jason made a face.
"We just finished High School, I need at least a two year break before I sacrifice my soul to college for four more years." He said now taking a slice of the cheese pizza.

Nathan looked to Lawson who blinked before he snapped.
"Oh right! Uncle J if I pay for your hotel expenses-"
"My hotel expenses?" Uncle Jacob arched a brow with an amused smile.
"Are you shipping me off to some foreign country or something?"
Lawson smirked.
"I mean-"
"Please don't I can barely speak English as it is and don't want to go somewhere where others can't understand it." Uncle Jacob said now.

Briar stepped up.
"Mr.Martin, if I may-"
"Go for it." Uncle looked interested as Briar grinned.
"We are prepared to send you to one of the finest hotel's here in Riverside, California. A limited time only with a full night of luxury and free wine." 
"What are you boys wanting out of me exactly? Devin's already begged me for this grease trap." Uncle Jacob arched a brow.

"A party." Lawson said now looking at him.
Uncle Jacob made a face.
"A party? Oh man that brings me back.. what makes you kids think I don't want to party here with you guys?" He asked them.
Briar smirked in response.
"You're more than welcome to party at your own house sir, we just wanted you to be more relaxed and not dealing with loud music as well as screaming party goers." He said now.
Uncle made a thinking face.

"Is there going to be drinking?" He asked them.
"What? Drinking? Pftt."
"Right." Uncle said tightly looking at Lawson.
"And if I were to allow this and take you boys up on that one time offer at this hotel, would I be coming home to this house in one piece or will I be returning as an angry parent who trusted you but you broke my expensive vase?" He questioned now.

"Expensive--uncle you don't own a single vase!" Lawson pointed out.
"Oh, I don't?" Uncle looked around now confused.
"I could of sworn.. oh that's right I gave it away to that woman down the street, except she sold it for a more higher price." He frowned now clearly upset about the subject.

We all just stared at this guy.
"We'll be responsible." Lawson said now.
Uncle Jacob's eyes met the others.
"What about your younger brothers? They're still minors, do you know what would happen if you got a noise complaint and the cops came? There would be a nasty fine not to mention a lot of kids in jail with very unhappy parents waiting to bail them out, including myself." He said now.

Lawson looked to us before frowning.
"As I said, you have my word as the oldest brother. We will be responsible, so please. Trust us." He smiled now.
Uncle leaned back in his chair with a frown as if thinking it over.

"Fine Lawson, you have my permission. But on one condition." He looked at the three in front of us.
Lawson made a face.
"Sir?"
"If these four drink, they are to have one. Not multiple, none of these boys have drank in my presence and I don't want it to become a thing that you're suddenly into doing, if you want to party you'll go down the street without my knowledge. But I'll let this one slide, so when is this party?" He asked them.

Briar looked at him.
"Tonight, actually." He laughed awkwardly.
Uncle Jacob made a face standing up.
"Tonight? Talk about last minute planning not to mention you didn't even give me a chance to go pack my things." He headed towards the stairs but came to a stop.

"Lawson." He called out the oldest who blinked stepping up.
"Yes, uncle?"
"I'm allowing you to throw this party but if something happens to any of your younger brothers, after you promised you'd be responsible." He turned to him.
"You and I will have some serious problems." He headed up the stairs with nothing else said.

Lawson stood there for a minute frowning to himself before turning to Briar and Nathan.
"Go ahead and make the call, there's going to be a party tonight." He told the two.
You didn't have to tell Briar twice because he was already on speed dial with whoever would answer him.

"So are you guys the only ones inviting people?" Jackson asked him.
Lawson turned to the other.
"You can invite your friends but they better act right or they're gone, uncles already on my ass about this." He told the other.
Jackson rolled his eyes.
"Sure thing."

I headed upstairs to my room.
I wasn't even going to bother telling Alex, Mateo or Chloe about this.
For one.
Mateo's parents are strict when it comes to alcohol and they'd send our uncle to court if Mateo even took a sip of the drink.
Chloe was already against drinking.
And Alex?
Well things are awkward between us now that Jason misheard our conversation.

I sighed opening my door to only freeze.

Nathan was in here but on his phone near the window.
I just kind of stood there awkwardly?
But my door squeaked so he turned almost immediately to find me there.

"Oh, hey." He smirked looking around.
"Wait, is this your room?" He asked.
I blinked with a nod.
He smirked hanging up on whoever he was on the phone with.
"It's very plain I thought it was a guest room." He told me.
I shrugged.
"I'm not the decorating type."
"I can see that." He laughed and I wish he wouldn't.
Things were already plenty complicated with just being around him.
And to make it worse.
Alex was pretty much involved in whatever mess I made.

"So, a last minute party huh?" I walked deeper into my room before taking a seat on the bed.
"It was your brothers idea, he said your uncle wouldn't care what he did." Nathan told me leaning against the bedroom door with his arms crossed.
I looked at him.
"Do you drink?" I asked him.
Nathan blinked but grinned.
"I do." He answered stepping away from the door and made his way over to me.

"Do you drink, Urie?" He asked me.
I blinked looking at him.
"No, actually." I answered honestly and that made him chuckle.
"Well that's good, good boys like you should stay away from the bad stuff." He told me and I felt my face grow warm.
"Good boys?" I asked.
"Uh huh." He leaned in closer to where his lips were near my ear.
"Because when good boys drink, they tend to be more on the wild side if you catch my drift." He bit his lip before standing back up and I knew I was flushed because he looked amused.

"See you later." He told me opening the door and I felt fear strike me.
Jason stood there with this blank expression with his fist risen as if prepared to knock but he lowered his hand as his eyes fell on me.

"Excuse me." Nathan stepped aside walking out and Jason stormed right up to me glaring.

"What the fuck are you thinking, Urie? I knew something wasn't right when you told me you liked Alex, the clues just weren't adding up but now it suddenly makes sense. You like Nathan?" He whispered harshly.
"Have you lost your damn mind?" He demanded.

I just stared at him both embarrassed and flushed.

"I think I have." I admitted lowly.