22.

**Urie's Pov.**

Before we knew it the month's flew by and summer was only a memory.
I couldn't tell you what we did because not much even happened.
That's how fast it went.
I mean.
Lawson and Quinn got married in late June and that was a pretty great moment.
Nathan was his best man and although I knew I owed him an explanation on what was going on between us.
I was focused on Ryder.
He turned out to be more nervous about our first time which leads to this month.
A week before school and we were getting ready to have sex for the very first time.
He claims to be nervous but he's not the one fixing to be in pain.
I knew it was bound to be painful.
But he reassured me he'd be as gentle as possible.
It helped a little but I was still scared.

I feel like a lot's happened these last few months.
For starters it's getting hard to get used to.
But Jackson got a job and found him and Jason a place to move into.
Uncle cried.
So did Devin.
But the twins wanted to move out after they announced their relationship to us and even though it sucked.
I think we all understood.
It was probably better for them as well so they didn't have to keep making Rhys uncomfortable.
And to everyone's relief.
None of their friends dropped them once they shared the news that they were dating.
Of course everyone was fucking confused about Briar.
But he claimed he wasn't really even into Jason just that he had to play his part to make it believable.

Rhys proposed to Madison even though they're just seniors.
But she rejected his proposal which lead to the end of their relationship soon after.
Especially when he found out she was cheating on him with his other friend, Ryan.

Abel beat his ass in the school parking lot the moment Rhys even opened his mouth, so those two lost two of their friends over the summer which sucked for them.

Devin managed to finally tell Abel he loved him and to our relief, the asshole told him he loved him back so those two are still going strong which is great.
Devin seems really happy with Abel.
I'd like to think we all deserve happiness and although it fell out of Rhys favor.
He doesn't mind flirting with my friend.
Chloe.
Who doesn't mind it either, to be honest I think she's liked him a lot longer than she'd like to admit and couldn't wait for Rhys to end it with Madison.
Because on Fourth of July?
She kissed him.
It was magical for those two.
It was also weird seeing my friend being into my brother.
But I couldn't say anything.

Because here I was.
A junior to be and needing to talk to Nathan, he deserved to know I was happy with Ryder and didn't want him to keep lingering around Riverside.
I'll admit.
I loved Nathan and I probably always will.
But looking at it now.
I still had a lot of growing up to do and I didn't want him to wait for me anymore.
So he agreed to meet me at the park that way we could talk.

He came over to the bench in his jeans and solid black t-shirt taking a seat next to me.
We were both equally quiet at first before I sighed and turned to him.
"Nathan-"
"You want to move forward." He cut me off with a soft but sad smile. 
I nibbled my lip.
"I just want to do what's right by letting whatever we had go, I don't want you to linger here waiting for me to fall into your-"

"I'm actually seeing someone, Urie." He told me.
My chest ached as I looked at him.
"Oh," I said slowly.
"You are?" I questioned.
He nodded crossing his arms.
"I am, he's a freshman in college aiming to be a doctor, we met at your brothers restaurant and hit it off, I've actually been meaning to get with you to tell you that." He said.
I blinked before laughing softly.
"Well that came off a lot easier than I thought.." I confessed rubbing the side of my neck.

"So what's his name?" I questioned.
"Joel Hodges, he's a great guy I think the two of you would get along." He told me.
I smiled softly.
"I don't think exes are supposed to hang out with exes or their current partners, I'm positive that would be awkward as hell." I told him as he blinked before nodding.
"I guess that's true so the two of us can't be friends after this?" He asked.
I nibbled my lip.
"Honestly? I think if we hang onto each other like that we'll only confuse ourselves and hurt the ones we're trying to start over with, I really like Ryder and I don't want to make him suspicious or get jealous I'm hanging with my ex, I'm sure Joel would feel the same way." I explained.

He just stared ahead for a moment before running a hand through his hair.
"Yeah I guess that would send red flags, I just wanted to get with you though so you knew I had in fact moved on, and I'm glad you have too." He got up and I joined him.
He looked at me.
"Just so you know if it doesn't work out for either of us, my doors always open to you, Urie." He smirked as I smiled softly.
"Don't stay in the past for me, Nathan. Just keep looking if it doesn't work for you and Joel, but I hope it does because you deserve happiness." I told him.

His brows knitted before he brought me into a gentle embrace.
"Don't sell yourself short kiddo, you deserve happiness just as much as anyone else does, but if you change your mind on being friends, you still have my number." He let me go stepping back as he smiled softly.
"Stay safe and be smart with that Ryder kid, he looks like a younger me-"
"He looks nothing like you, you weirdo." I laughed shaking my head as he grinned.
"See ya, Urie." He turned his back to me as I stood there waving.
"Bye, Nate."

I walked down the street to find Jackson's car in the driveway.
I made a face walking through the gate before heading inside.

"Jackson?"
"It's just me, Urie." I heard Jason down the hall in his old room.
I walked down the hall with crossed arms.
"Whatcha doing?" I inquired.
Jason stepped out of his closet with a box of old things.
"We're still trying to get our apartment organized and clean and I forgot some things." He told me walking up as I looked at the other.
"How's that going for you two?" I questioned.
He thought for a moment.
"Well Jackson is being his normal hot headed self and I have a interview with this retail shop next week, so things are looking up for me even though uncle's offered countless times to pay for our rent." He laughed softly.
I smirked.
"You know he just wants you to move back home." I told the other.

He adjusted the box.
"That's a nice thought and all but we're twenty years old now as wild as that thought is, we appreciate his offered help and love towards us, but I think we're going to make our home there work." He told me pulling out his phone after hearing it ring.
"Hey." He answered listening to whoever it was on the other side.
"Yeah I'm still over here I thought the house was dead but Urie just got home from wherever he was."

I blinked before mouthing, 'is that Jackson?'
Jason glanced to me with a nod followed by a smirk.
"I'm not calling him that if you want to be an asshole this early in the day you can do that on your own time, speaking of. Are we getting groceries later?"
I took the box from him as he leaned against the wall with crossed arms.
"I mean tacos sound good." He shrugged before rolling his eyes.
"I know you don't want lettuce on yours you big baby I think every time I order Mexican, I tell them to cut the lettuce." He listened before laughing.
"Okay sure that was one time, anyway you're being rude I'm trying to talk to Urie before I come home, yeah okay see you in a bit and the house better be cleaned." He said before hanging up.

I grinned.
"You're such a house wife, Jason." I laughed as his face grew warm.
"Having Jackson has a partner and growing up did that to me I guess, anyway Urie I have more errands to run after this, so I'll call you later to check up on everyone." He kissed my cheek before walking out of the empty bedroom.

"Are you staying the night at Ryder's?" Uncle asked at the dinner table that evening as I picked at my tomatoes.
"I was planning on it if that's alright." I looked at him to make sure it was and felt relieved when he nodded.
"I don't see that being a problem as long as you follow the rules over there." He told me.
I nodded sucking it up before eating the tomato.

"Does anyone know Quinn's due date?"
"They'll be here next month." Lawson joined us after taking off his shoes.
I blinked.
"Oh wow that soon?" I questioned.
He nodded smiling softly taking a seat.
"Yep."

"Have you guys decided on names yet?" Devin questioned smiling.
Quinn walked in looking like she would burst any minute.
"Chrissy and Carly." She smiled as Rhys pulled her chair out for her to sit down.
Uncle smiled softly.
"Those are beautiful names." He told her.
"Thank you." She smiled as Rhys grinned at Lawon.

"Watch you get cursed with nothing but girls." He told him.
Lawson groaned.
"Please don't jinx us, I really wanted a boy but for some reason my wife decided we were having twin girls." He sighed as Quinn smiled.
"You'll love them both plus we can always have more kids and maybe you'll get your little boy you want." She told him.
"I hope." He smirked as she smiled.

"Ryder's here." I put my plate away before grabbing my bag, I poked my head back into the dinning room.
"I'll see you guys on Sunday." I told them.
"Be smart!" I heard uncle yell after me as I walked out of the house and got in my boyfriends car who kissed me quick before driving off.

"Are you nervous?" He asked me driving down the street.
I nodded looking to him.
"You've been patient with me though and I sincerely appreciate that, it makes this moment more meaningful." I told him as he smiled softly.
"It does and I want you to know you were worth the wait." He pulled up to his apartment.
I wasn't fixing to tell my uncle that Ryder had been living alone for a year now after a fight with his parents.
He definitely wouldn't of allowed me to leave if he had known.
So that'll just be our secret.

We made it into his apartment and his tabby cat ran right up to me.
I smiled softly kneeling down.
"Hey Skittles, did you miss me?" I questioned as the cat purred in response to the ear rub she desperately wanted.

"Are you here for my cat or for me?" Ryder asked and I grinned.
"Definitely Skittles." I told him and my god the pout.

I walked up to him taking his hand.
"Come on, you know I'm here for you." We walked into his room and more nerves appeared when he closed the door behind him.
"Alright so if you want to shower first-"
"Oh I already showered." I turned to him as he blinked.
"Oh." He smirked.
"Well that makes this easier then." He came up to me before his lips were pressing to mine and he was pushing me down on the bed.

My cheeks caught fire as he removed his shirt looking down at me.
"Are you sure you're ready?" He asked.
My face burned.
"I'm positive." I told him.
He nodded helping me with my own clothes before we were both just in our briefs and staring at each other.
He knelt in front of me and wow we were awkward.
I just grinned.
"Well?"
"Shh I'm thinking." He laughed.
I could only laugh in response before he carefully laid me back and his lips were taking mine.
I bawled my fists feeling him grind against me making this a little more torturous than it already was.

He fumbled with his briefs and mine before we kicked them aside and were both naked.
"It's cold." I pointed out as he pulled the cover over his back and I felt him against me.
My toes curled before his eyes met mine.
"Okay..If I start to hurt you please let me know." He said pressing his fingers inside first and my shoulders arched in response.
"It feels weird." I confessed.
"Oh god should I stop?"
"If you stop I will leave this apartment Ryder, please keep going." I laughed.
He blinked but nodded thrusting his finger before adding another.

About ten minutes later he was finished prepping and we were at the more nervous part.
The sex was fixing to begin and neither of us knew when was the right time.
He just pressed against me and the first whimper made him stop.
"Ryder-"
"I don't want you to hurt." He frowned.
"I'm going to hurt the first time, so please continue." I told him.
He inhaled softly before pressing into me and my eyes burned with tears as I bit my lip trying not to draw blood.
This hurt a lot more than I thought it would.

"Can I move?" He asked me.
I looked at him as the tears slipped and I could see the panic in his eyes.
He went to pull out but I wrapped my legs around his back.
"Don't." I looked at him.
"Just move slowly I don't want to stop not when we're already this far in." I told him.
His brows knitted but he nodded before slowly thrusting and that's when it happened.
I moaned.
And to my relief.
It wasn't a weird moan.
It was a holy shit that felt good moan.

I took his face in my hands before my lips were on his.
"You can move faster." I told him as he nodded thrusting harder as I cried out in pleasure.
Oh fuck.
Why did I make us wait so long?

"Ryder." I looked at him as he looked down at me his face flushed.
"Yeah?"
I smiled softly blushing.
"I love you." I told him.
He blinked but his eyes swelled with tears before grinning like a dork.
"I love you too." His lips pressed to mine.

My name is Urie Lane Pierce.
I grew up in a abusive home with five older brothers who helped me survive.
We lost our mom when I was born and our father is in prison for life after the murder of my friends cousin.
Life was rough in the beginning and there were times where I thought life was pointless.
But my friends and my family kept me moving.
We all found love.
Confusing love.
And fake love.
But we were all still connected to one another.
That's what Brotherhood is about.
Having each others backs and looking out for one another.

I love my family and my uncle who helped raise me.
Without these guys.
I would be lost.
I wouldn't be who I am today.
For them I am forever grateful.

And I know.
This is far from over.
This is only the beginning of many, many adventures.
And I hope you're there to experience them with us.
Because that will be a whole other story.
So until next time..

To Be Continued.