Chapter 36

I came downstairs with Manik to see the reporters were there seated already and so our friends and family.. I am quite nervous of course who wouldn't be it's not like I face the camera everyday.. It's my first time but thankfully I had Manik with me and he was doing everything possible to make me at ease.. We rehearsed our stories, all the questions which we supposed media will be dodging at us and I am sure we will handle this, hell yeah we will...

Earlier in the morning Manik received a call from Radhika Aunty and Barkha and later on from Inaya and Smaran.. They all said, they do not believe in Whatever the stupid media has to say and they trust me, I couldn't be more happy indeed I am blessed with a very great in-laws thank you Aiyappa..

Okay here is the time Nandini, just don't let them get you.. Held your chin high put up your dazzling smile and there you go...Manik hold my hand and intertwined our fingers and looked at me asking Am I ready and I nod my head in a yes...We crossed our friends and I heard them yelling, "go get them tiger.." I showed them thumbs up and finally we sat down on the Sofa..

Reporter - So Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra should we start?

Manik - Yes please finish it already..

Manik said in a bored tone and I resist my urge to roll my eyes at him.. Arrogant Malhotra like always.. There were many reporters from different channel and different camera man I guess covering for their designated channel.. I  hope I looked good, I am wearing a peach colored organza ruffle saree and was ready as a newly bride would be.. I hope I look good on TV, I don't want people trolling that Manik's wife is not even pretty...

Reporter 1 - Mr. Malhotra as you know your secret marriage is making so much buzz around the corner, so May I know why you married so secretly and since how long?

Manik - First of all Thank you all of you for coming but no this is not a secret marriage. I married Nandini two weeks ago with complete rituals and all ceremonies at my farm house in the presence of my close friends and family... And I guess secret marriages are not completed that way..

Reporter 2 - But what was the  reason to hide your marriage from the public, considering you are such a huge name in the market, why didn't you announced it on any social media or any platform to let your fans know that Manik Malhotra is now taken?

Manik - Its's my personal life, being a public figure doesn't mean I have no right of keeping things private.. Of course I was going to throw a reception party to announce the news, after the release of my new album, I didn't wanted people's attention to shift from my music to my wife..

Reporter 3 - Mrs. Malhotra, as Manik is such a huge name around the world and we are really sorry to say but nobody knows you, can you enlighten us about yourself?

Okay so now the attention was on me and I was tad nervous, Manik's thumb stroked my hand gently and he motions me to go on... I clear my throat and started speaking..

Nandini - I am Nandini Moorthy from Las Vegas, My parents were both successful doctors and I lost them in a car accident two years ago..

A lump formed in my throat talking about my parents, Manik scooted a bit closer and his one arm came around my shoulder almost side hugging me...

Reporter 4 - Are you the daughter of Mr. Aptakrishnan and Mrs. Swara Moorthy?

I nodded my head in yes, wondering how do they know. I know my parents were tad bit famous but only in our home country and that wasn't India...

Reporter 4 - Well your Uncle Venkatesh Moorthy has quite a name in Business world also your parent's died in a car crash in India so it was all over news... There were 3 vehicles in the collision, they say the mistake was of truck driver and the other car was of your Father you know right Mr. Malhotra?