〰Chapter 25〰

Harry examined the red and gold of the Gryffindor Quidditch team zooming about. When everyone landed, he gave them a sharp nod.

"So?" Ron asked, coming up from behind him, "Do we have it or not?"

Harry nodded, "Not quite, but you guys are doing great."

Harry called out for the beaters and soon the two teammates came forward, holding the wood of their bats.

Harry gathered the two together and showed them the correct way to fall when taking a tackle. It was simple really, Harry had steps on how to do it.

"Alright, remember to grip the ball tightly so that it doesn't get knocked loose during the fall, you already know this." Harry gripped the ball and turned sideways, "Always keep your body relaxed and sink sideways, that way you don't get injured."

He had already given them this demonstration millions of times before but it couldn't hurt to do it again, "Make sure to first make contact with the ground with your knees, then hip, and then your shoulder. Never, and I repeat, never put your hands out to break a fall, I know it's natural instinct but its a very common way to get injured. Now I want you two to find space and practice this method, once I give you guys a call, I want you to drop on the ground using this technique, got it?" Harry asked, earning a respective nod from each of them.

Harry moved on to the three chasers, "Alright, passing around the hoops." He said, giving them a drill, "Everyone start on a different position on the pitch."

Harry knew this was an exhausting drill, each line would run on to a pass then pass to the next line, ending with a goal from a player running behind the hoops which would reset to the first line.

"Alright, I want someone to pass to the player on the wing and then pass to the running player, got it?" Harry wiped away the sweat that was lingering in his brows.

"We'll try expansion and variation next. After Brandon (Their keeper) does his drills, I'll add him to intercept the passes as well as the distance between each line, that'll increase the difficulty but I think you guys are up to the challenge, yeah?"

The three nodded and Harry continued, "Alright I want three lines starting on different positions on the pitch. The first person will pass to the person on their right then runs in an arc around them. That same person will receive the pass an imminently pops it off to the first person again. The first person will then shoot to pass to a player number three who should be running behind the hoops."

Harry then jogged over to Brandon who was stretching, "Keep an eye out. We'll do a six-minute scrimmage as soon as I get back." He said, mounting his broom.

Harry needed to release the tension in his muscle and what better way to do it than to fly a couple of laps around the pitch.

Harry knew he was pushing his team but no one complained, they all wanted to win and they were ready to train as much as they had to in order to do that. The game was tomorrow and they would face it with their heads held high. If Harry was being honest, he was a bit afraid of tomorrow. Not because of the game, but because of the future.  Tomorrow would be his last game in Hogwarts and it also signaled the last month of school that they had left.

Harry knew that he wanted to continue Quidditch after school, hopefully on a professional quidditch team, but he would gladly give that up if it meant having Draco by his side. Guilt welled up in his stomach as he thought about the earlier 'argument' if you could even call it that, between the two of them.

Harry had called the chasers practice early before the actual team practice so that they could focus only on their drills and exercises. He hadn't realized how long they were out there until Hermione came outside herself and dragged him inside for dinner. He flushed the entire time as she scolded him and was secretly glad when he slipped away from her to sit beside his boyfriend. Harry had immediately started filling up his plate and only looked up when Draco cleared his throat.