Chapter 24

I'm so so so sorry that I haven't updated in a while guys! It's just that school is killing me. In the future though the book is gonna get good, so hang on and enjoy be ride!

Enjoy!!!!    

   Having Derrick, Paul, and Alex to spend the morning with was the best. We're currently running through the woods on my territory in our wolf form, side by side as we race to see who's the fastest. As we run I couldn't help but notice that my wolf stood out next to theirs by a long shot. Alex is the biggest with a gray coat, while Derrick and Paul are not far behind on the height department. They each have light brown fur. The only difference between the two is that Derrick has a black ear and Paul doesn't.

'Looks like lil sis is gonna win,' Alex barked, swerving round a tree. I flash him a grin which he returns.

Paul growls in disbelief. 'Hey, that's not far! She's an Alpha.'

'We're all Alphas, Paul.' He sticks his tongue out at me. Rolling my eyes, I quickly jump over a fallen tree. At the last minute I push off the edge to use it as leverage.

'Cheater!' Derrick howls, playfully snapping at the back of my legs. Looking over my shoulder, I growl at him but snort. Right, like that was going to slow me down. Ha!

You may be wondering how we can mind–link to each other, and it's quite simple, really: we're siblings, and siblings have always been allowed to communicate through mind–link even if they are in a different pack, which is me.

I grin and increase my speed. 'Come on boys, we're family, are we not? But don't worry, I don't care that I, your little sister, can beat all of you in a simple race.' They growl at my teasing which was just what I wanted.

It felt unbelievably nice to go for a run in the spring. Colors were a blur as I ran. Fresh clean air filled my lungs while the wind lashed out at my fur.

'Let's stop for a drink,' Alex grumbles in defeat.

We stopped at a stream and lapped at the water. The more I drank the more amazing it tastes. Nature is incredible in so many unimaginable ways that I'm grateful for. She gives us everything we need to survive and what's more is that She protects and loves all. Mother nature is so beautiful!

I was broke out of my thoughts as someone tackled me into the water. Dammit Paul! I swam to the top and growled at my brother. 'Oh, check it out guys! I scared the big bad wolf.'

'You did not!'

Derrick comes and licks my face, laughing in a wolf way as he said, 'I got your back Ellie.'

'No way.' Alex grinned. 'You did get scared, I saw it with my own eyes.'

Snorting, I face my brothers', amused. We stayed silent, watching each other for the slightest hint of movement. Grins are plastered on all of our faces. When Paul makes the first move we all attack and wrestle in one big pile of claws and fur.

Throwing back my head, I howl with victory. 'I'm the King, suckers!'

'Whatever.'

'I went easy on you.'

'You're lucky you're my little sister, or I would've beaten you.'

I laughed at their responses and just decided to ignore them. 'Come on guys, let's head back. We've been out for hours.'