twenty five

Draco's Dreamland

Blocked by his mother, Draco used his trembling hands and gripped his wand, pulling it out.

"Step away!", Lucius pulled Narcissa by the arm away from blocking Draco. The moment he did, Draco pointed his wand at him.

Lucius was angered and dragged Narcissa away from between them, "You wouldn't dare, I'm your father!".

"Try me!", Draco tightened his grip.

Lucius sneered. "You can't tell me what to do, I'm your father!", Lucius waved his wand and was about to cast a spell.

"Petrificus totalus!", Draco shouted and shot at Lucius. Lucius froze. The wand in his hand slipped out and he fell backwards.

When Draco realise what he had done, he dropped the wand in his hand and fell back on the floor. Lucius jaw was locked, he couldn't move an inch. He could use his voice, but everything that came out was incoherent.

Narcissa walked towards Draco and picked her wand up. "Incarcerous!", she chanted while pointing the wand at Lucius.

A thick rope appeared and bounded Lucius, Narcissa proceeded to take the fallen wand from near her husband's foot. She finally knelt next to Draco and cupped his cheeks.

"Draco, are you alright?", Narcissa turned Draco's head to check if he was injured. Satisfied that he wasn't, Narcissa hugged him.

The entire time, Draco was still shaking uncontrollably. "I-I hexed him..", Draco panicked while choking him, his eyes glued to the man lying on the floor. "He's going to hit me later, he's going to punish me later!", Draco hugged and clung onto Narcissa.

"No Draco, he won't. I'm here, I'm here, everything is fine. Don't worry.", Narcissa rubbed his back. "I'll protect you, he won't touch you ever again."

Suddenly, there was a burning feeling on Draco's arm. Draco pulled away from Narcissa and tugged his sleeve up. The Dark Mark budged again, but this time, the colour faded.

Was he dead?

Draco urgently stood up and looked at Lucius from where he stood. Lucius' eyes were widened. Suspecting that Voldemort was defeated, Draco cautiously approached Lucius and pulled his sleeve up.

The Dark Mark had also faded. Still obvious and present, but definitely faded. And given Lucius' reaction, Voldemort was defeated and dead.

Draco felt his legs went jelly again. He dragged himself back to hug his mother, tears dripping down his face in relief. Narcissa had her suspicions, but she did not say anything.

"He's gone, he's gone!", Draco laughed while crying. "Mother, he's gone! We don't have to live in fear anymore! Potter killed Voldemort!"

Draco had mixed feelings and a thousand thoughts running through his head as he continued to cling onto his mother.

Narcissa continued to rub Draco's back lovingly and comforted him. "Yes, Voldemort is dead.", Narcissa smiled faintly.

Since Voldemort has been killed, it was only time before the Ministry comes hunting for the Death Eaters and chuck them to Azkaban.

She just hoped that Draco will be spared.