thirty three

Hospital Wing

"Mr Malfoy! Why did you take so long to go to the bathroom?", Madame Pomfrey quickly approached Draco and Pansy.

Pansy looked at Draco and raised an eyebrow.

"I... Uh, fell?", Draco grinned nervously.

Madame Pomfrey eyed Draco, safe to say she wasn't convinced. "Miss Parkinson, do you mind telling me where you found Mr Malfoy?", she glanced at Pansy.

"Well...", Pansy trailed off. "I may or may not have found him at the Astronomy Tower."

Draco jokingly gave Pansy a look of betrayal.

Madame Pomfrey sighed, "Now, Mr Malfoy, please take it easy. We don't want you to pass out on school grounds for the third time."

"Yeah, yeah. I understand, Madame Pomfrey. Besides, it's only the first time I'm here. No biggy."

"No, Dray. It's the second, you mean.", Pansy shook her head. "Did you like, hit your head or something?"

Draco looked at Pansy, confused. "When did I come here? Other than the first few years from playing Quidditch.", Draco had thoughts that she was pulling his leg, but Pansy's tone was too serious for it to be a joke.

A hundred warnings set off in Pansy's mind.

"Hey, Dray?", Pansy spoke up. "What's the date today?"

Draco shrugged his shoulders, "How am I supposed to know? I woke up like yesterday and Blaise told me I slept for 3 weeks."

"Hm.", Pansy thought for a moment. "Let me see your arm."

Well, Pansy knew anyway. So Draco reluctantly pull his sleeve up, revealing his Dark Mark and showed Pansy. He avoided eye contact with the Dark Mark.

Pansy grabbed the area slightly below his wound tightly.

Madame Pomfrey flinched as Draco yelped in pain and looked at his mark. It looked... Strange. As if something as added to it. His furrowed his eyebrows, trying to find out what looked unusual.

Noticing his reaction, Pansy released. "Draco, when did you pass out?"

Draco shrugged his shoulder, "I told you already, Pansy. I can't remember dates.". Draco groaned as he babied his arm. "Merlin's sake, Pansy. You have the strength of a bloody hippogriff!", Draco grumbled. 

He paused for a moment, as if he remembered something. "Oh right, it was the day that you told Blaise and I that you were going to ask Granger out. So how did that go along?", Draco asked.

Pansy stopped in her tracks, "Ask... Hermione out..?".