forty four

Hospital Wing

"Next week?", Draco asked as Harry nodded repeatedly, he was being too adorable.

Draco looked away from Harry while flustered, "If Madame Pomfrey is alright, sure..."

Harry's eyes immediately sparkled, "Alright! Okay, now go and get some rest!"

"Mm, see you soon, Harry.", Draco responded while calling the Chosen One's first name, and he noticed.

"Hey, Draco?", Harry asked as he helped Draco get back to lying down in his bed and comfortable. "Did your memories come back?"

Draco sharply inhaled and looked away, "No..?"

"Sure it didn't,", Harry laughed before squeezing Draco's hand. "I'm so sorry for what I said a few weeks ago."

The edges of Draco's mouth curled upwards, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Sure you don't.", Harry ruffled Draco's hair. "Also, did I tell you that your hair looks better when it's not gelled up? You did a good job by letting them take a breather.", Harry said as he turned to leave.

"Come back soon.", Draco said to himself as he hid his wide grin.

A few moments after Harry left, two Slytherins entered the Hospital Wing. It was Blaise and Pansy, Draco watched them as they walked and stood at his bedside.

"Thanks.", Draco smiled at them.

Pansy and Blaise couldn't help but smile back. "We got to meet Snape later, you know! He found out that we were dating the Gryffindors.", Pansy clicked her tongue.

"Exactly, he didn't know what you and Harry are an item now, though!", Blaise added.

Pansy sat on the foot on Draco's bed, "What do you think will be McGonagall's reaction when she knows that Ron and Hermione are dating us?", Pansy laughed.

"It'll be absolutely hilarious! I can't imagine McGonagall being so dumbfounded!", Blaise commented.

Despite the noise, Draco felt like it was much easier to fall asleep. And so he did.

Potions Classroom

"Hmph,", Snape began. "Don't all of you, especially Parkinson, Granger and Weasley, know that dating is forbidden on school grounds? Much less a Gryffindor and a Slytherin."

"But Professor, there are many other cross-houses couples. Why do you only target us? Shouldn't you work to separate the others too?", Hermione protested only to meet with a shut down from Snape.

Her words were returned with a glare, "I am in-charged of Slytherin, and I will make sure that we do not lose any unnecessary points and reputation."

"But Harry and Draco are also together!", Ron let slipped out, hoping that Snape will be more lenient as he had connections with the both of them.

The others didn't catch on, so the only thing they did was to stare daggers at him. Well, except Blaise, his eyes were filled with curiosity.

"Harry... And... Draco...?", Snape's eyes unfocused and seemed to have travelled away.

Blaise, Pansy and Hermione were curious for the sudden change in Snape's tone. Ron nodded, seeing that it was working.

For the first time, they saw that Snape's usual furrowed eyebrows were gone. But they returned soon after. "I said what I said. Just... Don't get caught again.", his tone softer as compared to before.

"All of you are dismissed.", Snape commanded.

They made their way out of the potions classroom. "What was that?", Hermione turned to Ron.

"Snape knows both of them, so I assumed that he had a soft spot for them both.", he answered with a smug smile, thinking that he was about to be complimented.

Hermione sighed while shaking her head, "You could've caused Harry and Draco to get into trouble too! Have you thought about that?".

Ron felt his heart drop as his pacing did too, he was only meaning to help out...

A warm hand grabbed his.

"You did a well getting us out, Ron. Great job, my baby boy.", Blaise said as he caught up with him. He side eyed him and interlaced their fingers. "I love you."

Ron perked up once more, "I love you too, Blaise."