forty

Gryffindor Common Room

"But 'Mione, I'm scared that he'll reject me.", Harry sighed as he wrote something down on a piece of parchment.

Hermione smiled, "Harry, trust me, you'll be fine. Draco won't reject you."

"But..", Harry placed his quill pen down.

"I'll let you in on something.", Hermione said. "Pansy always complains about how Draco talks about you. You remember in fourth year when Draco climbed a tree?"

Harry nodded, "Who would ever forget that stupid git? Always making fun of me."

"That was to get your attention, Harry."

"My attention?", Harry looked at Hermione, surprised. "Wait, fourth year? Has Draco liked me since fourth year?"

"Nope. Even before that. Pansy always quotes Draco, 'Stupid Potter and his kissable lips. Stupid Potter and his adorable circle glasses.'. And I must agree that it gets slightly annoying."

Harry covered his face and laid his head against the table, "Did he really say that?"

Hermione grinned, "Maybe he did."

"I love him so much, 'Mione.", Harry admitted.

Hermione looked at Harry. He didn't realise it, but instead of 'like', Harry said 'love'.

"I know."

"Merlin, 'Mione, is that all you have to say?", Harry turned to look at her.

"Eyes on the prize, Harry. Where are you thinking of having the picnic?", Hermione changed the topic. "Please tell me you have an idea."

Harry looked blankly at Hermione, "Not really?"

"Oh gosh, Harry.", Hermione sighed. "You're hopeless."

"My bad."

The two spend the next half on hour coming up with the details of the picnic.

"I've been wondering. Where is Ron? Doesn't he have free period with us?", Harry asked.

"Ron's with Blaise and Pansy.", Hermione answered so naturally that she forgot that she wasn't supposed say that.

Harry looked at her, "Blaise and Pansy? Why though?"

Hermione shrugged her shoulders in hopes that Harry would stop questioning her, and he did.

"Oh,", Harry let out as he turned back. "So when should I tell him?"

Hermione thought for a moment, "You can ask him out tomorrow, then maybe next week he may be well enough for Madame Pomfrey to release him for an hour or two with you watching him."

"That's a great idea, 'Mione. What will I do without you!"

"Nothing.", she joked. "Alright, alright. I have to go for Divination now, go and accompany Draco."

Harry nodded his head as he stood up to stretch and put on his robes.