forty five

Great Hall

It was the week of when Draco and Harry were about to sneak out of Hogwarts to have their date in Hogsmeade.

Draco has been released from the Hospital Wing, but he needed to go for check ups from time to time.

They could've gone out with the others to Hogsmeade on the weekends, but there would be too many people for them to have a good time and be in each others' company.

As Harry watched who was Draco by the Slytherin's table, a parliament of owls came charging in.

They dropped a copy of the Daily Prophet in front of their masters.

Typed out in bold letters in the heading was "ANOTHER ESCAPE FROM AZKABAN"

The Great Hall erupted in many whispers and Harry could hear the exchange between nearby Gryffindors.

"Another escape? Isn't Azkaban the most secure prison in the Wizarding World?"

"Guess not, someone going to be under fire!"

"Yeah, they couldn't even keep the information under wraps."

"Aside from that, look at who escaped! It's Lucius Malfoy!"

Harry grabbed the newspaper and skimmed the first page. True enough, it was reported that Lucius Malfoy had escaped and broke out of Azkaban.

He placed the copy of the Daily Prophet down and looked at Draco, the colour from Draco's face drained. His complexion was now similar to before he entered the Hospital Wing.

McGonagall stood up to calm the school. She explained that the Ministry will, once again, be releasing the dementors. But this time, to look for Lucius.

"You do not need to worry as we, your Professors, will definitely ensure your safety. Please send an owl home to reassure your families that you are safe.", McGonagall said and she sat back down.

Draco was in distress, the area of where the Slytherin Trio was sitting was so tense that you could cut it with a butter knife. Pansy and Blaise had suspicions that Lucius would come to Hogwarts to find Draco.

For the entire breakfast, Draco didn't say a word to Pansy and Blaise. Harry wasn't too sure what was running in his boyfriend's mind either, but he figured that Draco needed some comfort.

Harry messaged Draco to meet him in the Room of Requirements between breakfast and their first class with Snape.

Room of Requirements

Draco was so caught up in his thoughts and vigourously tapping on the armrest of his chair, he didn't even notice Harry enter the room.

"Draco.", Harry called out while walking towards Draco. As he looked up to meet Harry's eyes, his pupils were filled with fear.

Draco grabbed Harry's hands tightly, "What do I do? He's coming for me, that man is coming for me."

"It's alright, Draco, you're safe here.", Harry cooed.

"No, Harry. You don't get it, I was the one who got him caught. But I wasn't taken to Azkaban, he must be furious.", Draco tightened his grip. "He's coming after me, I know him too well."