4. Questions

Special of the Day (I do not own these)

You wished to be called righteous rather than act right.

I say, wrong must not win by technicality.

~ Aeschylus

*****

I do not own PJO or Twilight. I only own my oc, Selena and what she does. As well as how the other characters respond to her.

Advance warning. The chapters leading up the start of the lighting thief will be short. But they will grow longer when I catch up with the books.

Fun unneeded fact. I accidentally ended up typing Athena the goddess of wizards once, typing thi

There will be spoilers because I will follow the books very closely.

*****

"The gods told us to expect the two of you around this time. So that's why I have been waiting for you on that hill. So you haven't told her anything?" Chiron asked, after inventing Charlie inside formally. Mortals couldn't enter camp half-blood with our permission from someone inside it.

"Yes. Sorry about that." Charlie apologies, setting Selena down on the couch in the big house. "I was kinda hoping that the people Athena told me about in the letter would be better at explaining the truth to her than me."

"I suppose that is right." Chiron nods, understandingly as he remembers all the times he had had to explain to kids who one of their parents really were. "So what do you know? And what have you told her?" He asks, so he would at least know what he would be working with. Not wanting to shock the child's father too much either. It was rare to meet people who cared for the children. Most ended up hating them for wither their parents leaving them. Or for what the children were.

"I know that her mother is Athena the goddess of wisdom. The note also said that Selena was special. Even for children like her." Charle answers, moving some hair out his daughter's face. "I told her that her mother never wanted to leave her but had to because of some special circumstances. I really don't like lying to her. So I told her something as close to the truth that I could."

Chiron nods. "That's right." He had been informed by the gods in advance why the young child was so special. As well as how she was not to know till her thirteenth birthday. "She is to be the god of the sun, Apollo's mate. His wife."

"What!" Charlie asks, shocked.

"It was prophesied long ago by both the fates and the oracle." Chiron answers patiently, offering the man some water. Which Charlie accepts with a shaky smile. "Apollo himself also wanted to tell her himself."

Charlie looked like he wanted to ask some more questions but was interrupted by Selena groaning as she moved around, slowly waking up. The brown haired beauties' eyes fluttered open.

Selena sprang up once she saw that Chiron wasn't just a dream, but real. "What are you?" She asked rudely. She then quickly cupped her mouth, slapping it shut. "I am so so sorry! I didn't mean it like that! I swear! It's just that it's the first time meeting someone like yo-" Selena's rambling as cut off by Chirons laughter.

"It's fine child. It's understandable. You are not the first to ask that question. Or phrase it in such a way. But before I can answer that. Allow me to ask you. Do you believe in gods?" Chiron asks, smiling.

Selena scrunched up her face at the question. "Do I believe in gods?" She mumbled the question to herself. Chiron noticed how the child instantly caught onto the plurals. She truly was a daughter of Athena. "Well I would like to believe in gods. But logically speaking I do not." she answers hesitantly. Not wanting to offend the man.

"That's fine child." Chiron smiles down at her. "But let me tell you. That gods do exist." He then took a deep breath. "And there truly is no easy way to tell you this. But your mother is Athena..."

"The greek goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill." Selena finished, amazed. It was hard to believe. But Selena could see that the man clearly wasn't lying.

Chiron laughed. "You are one of the easier ones if you believe me. But please answer this, you don't have to, how do you know so much about the god?"

"Not the gods. Just the Greek Gods. Daddy tells them to me as bedtime stories." Selena answers with childlike innocence.

Charlie blushes, "I know we weren't supposed to tell her till she was six. But I felt like maybe telling her the stories might help her in some way."

Chiron smiles at the man. "No it's fine. In fact it truly is a good thing. I personally feel as if knowledge truly is power." It was rare for a demigod to find parents who truly love them. He then turns his attention back to Selena, "So child. Who is your favourite god."

"I'd have to say Apollo." Athena's daughter answers without hesitation.

Chirons eyes widen, "O, why is that?"

Selena tilts her head cutely. "I don't know. I just do. I also have another question."

"Ask away." Chiron encourages.

"Is this really a summer camp?"

"Yes. Of course it is. In fact it's a year round camp that teaches demigod children how to survive and fight against monsters."

"Wait, those are real?" Selena asks, fright taking over her voice.

"Yes. But don't worry. We prepare you for that."

"So I'll have to come here every summer? And I'm assuming my dad can't stay?" Selena asks. Already starting to figure things out.

"Yes to both your questions." Chirona answers.

Selena sighs, she then stares at her dad. "So I'm gonna be going to school throughout the year and then coming here to learn about mom's side of the things."

Charlie smiles. "You'll be fine. I know you will."

Selena returns her father's smile. "I know. Because I trust you." She then turns to Chiron, smiling, "I know I just met you today. But I trust you to. You told me the truth."