04

13/02/2001
The Burrow, Ottery St. Catchpole, Devon
¬

[ d i s a s t r o u s d i n n e r ]

"YOU'RE WHAT?! MUM, WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN IF SHE REALISES THAT WE'RE MAGICAL?"

"She's a very lovely girl!" Molly replied in a defending tone, "She's very cheerful, she can speak French, she's twenty-one years old, and she's going to be alone at home tomorrow. It's just one dinner. We will make the Burrow absolutely Muggle worthy tomorrow evening."

"Uh, Mum, you remember I told you that Hermione and I–"

"Go! Go to your Valentine's thing."

"Harry's got a thing with Ginny, too."

It was moments like this that made Molly miss the good old days.

Ginny was recruited by the Holyhead Harpies almost immediately after the war was over so she had to stay in their dormitory during weekdays. It was compulsory.

Bill and Charlie had returned to their own residences and families (in Charlie's case, dragons) after they went through the grieving period.

George had the joke shop.

The Golden Trio were busier than ever —Harry and Ron moved into 12 Grimmauld Place and became the inseparable Auror-in-training duo, while Hermione, after redoing her seventh year and graduated, secured a position within the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

Her children came and went as they pleased, except for Percy. He was still paying for his uncanny behaviour a few years back.

Molly murmured, "You don't have to come, but it would be nice if you can stop by."

"Why don't you set her up with your sad, lonely, unwanted son while you're at it?" George slapped Percy's back repeatedly, "Maybe she can help him write another report about cauldron's thickness—"

"You're done?" Percy cut in bitterly.

"Nope," George grinned, "I am spending tomorrow's evening with Angelina. What about you, oh older but still single brother?"

Percy opened his mouth and tried to retort any excuse to save his remaining dignity, plus avoid spending an evening with a Muggle while he was at it. But then he saw his mother's saddened eyes.

"I'll be here tomorrow, Mum."

"Thank you! I know I can count on you, dear," Molly clapped, "Can you show me how to get here from the bakery the Muggle way?"

☆★☆

14/02/2001
The Rousseau's Residence, Kingswear, Devon
¬