11

23/02/2001
The Rousseau's Residence, Kingswear, Devon
¬

[ s e c o n d   d a t e ]

"SO... HOW WAS IT? WAS HE OKAY? DID YOU WORK OUT WHATEVER PROBLEM YOU HAD BETWEEN YOU TWO?"

Elinor swallowed the bit of Honey French Toast she had in her mouth before replying, "Eat your breakfast, E."

"Come on, Ellie!"

"It was... It was okay."

Ezme smirked, "You hesitated."

"I did not!"

"You did!"

"Les filles, keep the tone down," Bielle warned.

"Ellie, are we going to expect his arrival again anytime soon?"

"He, uh..." Elinor knew she must be blushing red right now, "He said he'll pick me up Sunday morning. But, I don't know. Could be rubbish."

"OUI!" Ezme squealed, "Let's go on a double date, Elle!"

"No! We're just friends... We're getting to know each other."

"Izz wonderful newz," Etienne said. His plate of toast was cleared and he was dabbing his lips with a napkin. "You're old enough to find a companion. Preferably not him, but... Love is love. I guez I can't blame you for love."

"Why not him?" Ezme asked, "Other than his horrendous choice of clothing, Monsieur Weasley seemed like a pretty decent man."

"A man my daughter yell 'get out' at eez not a decent man, I'm zure."

"Papa..."

Elinor watched as Etienne left the table and proceeded to wash his cutleries in the sink.

"Oops," Ezme leaned in and whispered, "Papa still can't forget about your fight with him at the Deli last week. I think he's just afraid you will pass out again."

Elinor sighed.

"Tell Monsieur Weasley to put up a nicer front or he won't get his blessings."

"That... won't be a problem," Elinor said.

It wasn't like they were dating for real.

Just for three months.

☆★☆

25/02/2001
The Rousseau's Residence, Kingswear, Devon
¬