19

20/03/2001
The Rousseau's Residence, Kingswear, Devon
¬

[ h o g s m e a d e ]

"ELINOR, YOUR PHONE'S BEEN RINGING FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES."

Elinor stepped out of the bathroom with one hand ruffling a towel over her wet hair. "Who is it?"

"Unknown number."

She hopped over the sofa's head (earning a scold from Bielle who was all about manners) and plopped down next to Ezme, taking her phone from the table.

There were eleven missed call from a London telephone. Elinor hit 'call' and pressed the screen onto her ear. The dial tone echoed once, twice, thrice, before a click sounded and a woman's voice said, "Hello?"

"Hello?" Elinor said back, "Who is it?"

"You call me first. Shouldn't I be asking that?"

"Uh... You called me eleven times, but I was in the shower—"

"Oh! Is this Elinor... How do I say this, Ro-u...Se-a-u..."

"Rousseau," Elinor corrected, "Yes, this is Elinor."

"My name's Verity. Excuse me—" An undecipherable ruckus sounded from the other side for a few seconds and Elinor waited with a frown from the other side. "—sorry, customer service. I work for Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and my boss has a message for you. Wait, Merlin's beard—"

Elinor frowned deeper this time. Why would George send a message through his employee if he had two perfectly good hands and a perfectly functioning phone?

"Hello?"

"—yes, I'm sorry. The shop's been busy and Mr. Weasley is preoccupied with an abundance of work right now. He told me to tell— YES, HONEY, IT'S ONE GALLEON AND THREE SICKLES —Mr. Weasley told me to tell you to dress nicely this Sunday. He'll pick you up at ten, and he's sorry he can't get to his... His Muggle phone, right now."

Elinor blinked, "Uh... Okay. Thank you for the message, Verity."

"Your welcome. I have to go now."

And the line went dead.

☆★☆

25/03/2001
Outside The Rousseau's Residence, Kingswear, Devon - Hogsmeade Village, Highlands, Scotland
¬

"WHAT GOT YOU SO BUSY THAT YOU CAN'T CALL OR TEXT ME FOR A WEEK?"

"Whoo... Possessive much?" George chuckled, and threw an arm over her shoulders, "I'm kidding. There was an emergency at the shop."

"Just wondering. What kind of emergency?"

Elinor didn't shrug his hands off like she used to do. It was a secret, but she kind of like it.

George shrugged nonchalantly, "Loose beasts kind of emergency. A couple of kids thought it would be fun to wreck someone else's business. Not that I can blame them —I did the same when I was their age. You look nice, by the way."