27

24/04/2001
The Rousseau's Residence, Kingswear, Devon
¬

[ g i r l t a l k ]

"STOP SIGHING! IT'S KIND OF A BUMMER, EL

"STOP SIGHING! IT'S KIND OF A BUMMER, EL."

Elinor rolled onto her back and sighed once again. She was spending that Tuesday evening rolling around Ezme's bed, recounting all the love interests she had had throughout her life, while Ezme herself was lost in the world of Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison.

One, Darryl Cooper. Muggle Primary school, fifth grade, age ten.

Tall, dark, and handsome, not to mention painfully smart and talented. He was the president of Class A, which was basically filled with the most distinguished students of the year. A Scientific Olympic competition winner. He could even play the guitar and drums.

Elinor remembered exchanging pink letters scribbled with hearts after classes, throwing hidden acknowledging smiles, blushing profusely as they both confessed liking each other, watching movies together at the cinema (that was her first and only date with him), until they grew apart after graduating.

She didn't know what happened to him afterwards. Probably having a normal Muggle life.

Two, Poe Wilkins. Third to Fourth year, age twelve to fourteen.

Ravenclaw of her year. He had Asian blood flowing in his veins. With two perfectly shaped eyebrows, perfect small smile, and (weird but swooning) British accent, he always brought the perfect fling experience to his girl-of-the-month. Elinor included, in all three dates.

As she had told George beforehand, the relationship ended badly when she walked in on him snogging Romilda Vane in Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. Good riddance.

Three, Peter Kavinsky. Seventh year, age seventeen.

One of her closest friends throughout school. The living example of 'your soulmate could be the one who's been next to you this whole time'. A charming gentleman, brought up in a loaded Muggle family, athletic, and though he sucked so bad at Potions, Peter was a Transfiguration master.

They went together as friends to the Yule Ball on their Fifth year, but the real thing happened on their N.E.W.T. year. He, in all his sweet words, said he had had a thing for her since the time she ran laughing from the Sorting Hat to Hufflepuff's table.

They spent a lot of time together, and he was the only one who called it official, but they were only able to go on proper dates twice. Two wonderful dates she could never forget.