05

14/02/2001
The Burrow, Ottery St. Catchpole, Devon
¬

[ t h e b e g i n n i n g ]

"I THOUGHT YOU SAID SHE'S A MUGGLE!"

"I thought she was a Muggle, too!"

"Clearly, she's not."

After the initial shock had worn down, the Burrow turned chaotic immediately.

Arthur went with a loud CRACK! to search for the guest, Molly burst into a frantic episode as she tried to recall any sign of Elinor being a witch, Ron had a fit about his and Hermione's cancelled plan, George pulled out his wand to make the knife stop working on its own, while Hermione and Percy were engaged in a serious discussion of whether they knew any Elinor from the past.

"I don't think she's a Gryffindor," Hermione guessed with a frown, "I know most of the girls. We share a dormitory, after all."

"She's turning twenty-two this year, right? That means she's a year above you. One below Fred and George. What's her surname, Mum?"

Molly shook her head, "Rousseau, but she's adopted. One of the women in my team said she had lost her memory."

George snorted, "Also clearly, she doesn't."

Another loud CRACK! was heard and Arthur reappeared, "No sign of her around. Blimey, she's a fast runner."

"Maybe she Apparated?"

"No, I never saw a wand on her before."

Then came the big discussion, a lot of random guesses, pointing fingers, until the clock struck midnight and George was left with the fateful duty to check upon the apparently-not-a-Muggle girl.

☆★☆

15/02/2001
la Deli boulangerie, Kingswear, Devon
¬

15/02/2001la Deli boulangerie, Kingswear, Devon¬

"BONJOUR— WHY ARE YOU HERE?"

George was different. That, everyone could tell.