36

29/04/2001
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Diagon Alley, London
¬

[ g i r l s ]

"I THINK I CONVINCED HER TO STAY."

"Really?! That's great news!"

George peered at Elinor, who was greeting his joke shop's customers in a friendly manner from behind the cashier. She told him, after her solo trip through Diagon Alley, she could handle it. She couldn't just sit around and do nothing all day.

"Well, she didn't actually say it..." He scratched his head. There weren't a lot of words exchanged with their lips glued to one another. "But I'm 90% positive."

"Did you ask her about the operation?"

"No, I haven't. She's a bit sentient of... surgery, brain, and stuffs like that. I'll get back to that later."

A screechy whiiiiiiiiiiiiii! followed by a loud crash sounded from inside his crowded store and George said, "I have to go. I'll keep all of you updated."

"Thank you!"

"Have a nice day, everyone."

"Jorge!"

"Yeah?"

"No stress, no hands, no drugs. Don't sleep in the same room. Keep everything PG-13."

"Yes, sir," George playfully saluted. But when the call ended, he flipped his phone close and said cheekily at it, "No promises, though."

☆★☆

29/04/2001
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Diagon Alley, London
¬

"I HAVE A WEIRD QUESTION."

That night, Elinor rolled onto her stomach and looked at George, who occupied the other half of the bed

"Shoot."

"When you lost your ear, did you experience any weight loss?"

"What?!" George laughed, "I don't think ear weighs that much."

"Huh," Elinor rolled back, "Just wondering."

"My turn."

"Shoot."

"How come I never noticed that Umbridge scar on your hand before?"