NINETEEN

Letty slammed the door open to the hideout as she and Riley limped into the room, having given up on their fight

Letty slammed the door open to the hideout as she and Riley limped into the room, having given up on their fight. "What the hell happened?" Dom questioned, seeing the disheveled state the two were in.

"I met your sister," Riley grunted as she tried to pull herself back together, not risking a glance at the dark-haired woman who was pacing around like an angry tiger. "She's lovely, by the way," she quipped as Letty's eyes shot over to her enraged.

"What the hell was that?!" The furious Latina questioned throwing her arms out "you tried to shoot Rosalie" everyone in the room turned to look at the brunette agent as Letty continued to seethe, "You could have killed her!".

Riley quickly stepped up when Letty did ready to resume the fight they had started in the subway. "I was doing my job," she answered promptly. "Rose is a criminal in the eyes of the law, and I was bringing her in."

The words were valid, but the way Riley spoke them rubbed Letty the wrong way, and she was quick to bite back until Dom stepped in between them, pushing Letty away from the agent and trying to get answers from her.

"Why didn't you bring Rosalie back with you?" He asked gently when Letty glanced up at him with glassy eyes, ones he had only seen when they thought she was gone forever, and once again, the man could feel his stomach-turning.

"She didn't recognize me Dom" Everyone in the room stopped dead at Letty's statement. "She didn't even know who I was," a sob caught in Letty's throat, and she coughed to stop it from forming.

"How could she not know you?" Brian asked as the group huddled around the computer with the new piece of news on Rosalie "If Rosalie was working with Shaw of her own free will she'd still-"

Letty crossed her arms and winced when her ribs shifted from Rosalie's kick. "It was like she looked straight through me, Brian." rubbing a hand on her bones, Dom was the first to notice the pain that she was trying to hide.

"Did she hurt you?" He questioned in shock as Letty nodded, and he sighed heavily; first she shot him, and now she's hurt Letty, something was definitely wrong. Even if Rosalie was working with Shaw, she'd never intentionally hurt him or Letty.

They could have put down her shooting Dom to shock, but seeing Letty close up and still hurting her was out of character for the youngest Toretto who they had helped raise from a baby.

Dom brushed Letty's hair behind her ear before dropping his hand when he remembers that she wasn't his anymore, the dark-haired woman just stared up at him with a raised eyebrow but says nothing.

"We'll fix this, whatever is happening with Rosalie, we can fix it together" The leader of the crew promised with a pit of yearning in his gut. "I want my family back together, and I'll take it any way I can."

:::

The brakes on the jeep squealed as Jah, and I made our way back to the safehouse where the last of our team was waiting for us. "We lost Ivory," I said quietly as I entered the building "He's gone."