TWENTY FIVE

Holding the small boy as far away as possible but still in my arms, I nervously smiled at the blue-eyed bub "He's-" I glanced at his drooling face before locking eyes with my sister "-precious

Holding the small boy as far away as possible but still in my arms, I nervously smiled at the blue-eyed bub "He's-" I glanced at his drooling face before locking eyes with my sister "-precious."

Brian and Mia both laughed at my awkwardness, we had been back in America for a few days, and they had been pushing me to hold their son for an official 'auntie and nephew bond.'

However, I felt like they loved their child very much, and if I broke him, they'd probably be a little upset, so I put it off until Mia literally thrust the child into my arms after pretending to hand me a beer.

After giving the chip to Hobbs, we were all are granted pardons for our criminal indiscretions and were allowed to return to Los Angeles, California, where Dom said our childhood home was waiting for us.

I remember getting to the old overgrown-looking house and staring at it; apparently, it had been in the family since before Dom was born, and I was literally born here after my mother didn't get to the hospital in time.

Mia, who had yet to let me go, showed me around explaining things had happened there with a smile on her face as if she was hoping the place would bring back my memories.

It didn't.

Even sleeping in the muted gray room felt like I was living in a hotel room almost like it was a temporary situation instead of my childhood bedroom, but the bright smile on her face was the reason I hadn't informed her of that.

I found an arm cast in the drawer, too. I guess I had broken my arm and kept the artistically covered plaster. There were plenty of names I couldn't place and didn't bother to try.

At the sound of his son fussing, Brian lifted the small baby out of my arms as I gave him an appreciative look. "Don't worry, you'll grow into it" he smiled with identical blue eyes as his child looking confident.

"I'm sure I will," I nervously laughed, holding Jack's tiny hand in mine as I smiled at my sister.

It still felt weird calling her and Dom my siblings, but I would probably grow into that too, although both responsibilities felt a little daunting right now.