🥀 Chapter Fourteen 🥀

* Edited *

• WARNING - SEXUAL CONTENT, SMUT •

The bright morning sun peeks through the silver curtains, casting a soft stream of light upon the two sleeping figures in the rather large bed they shared. The room remains silent, other than their rhythmic soft snores. The previous night's events had clearly taken its toll, resulting in the pair sleeping in far later than they usually would have on any other day.

Thankfully, the family had decided to leave the two alone for the day; figuring that they needed time and space to talk things over and figure out their feelings towards the whole situation and one another.

A lot had happened, which ultimately meant that there were also a lot of uncomfortable conversations to be had. Something neither one of the family members was particularly looking forward to.

Monica is the first to stir as Daniel readjusts his sleeping position beside her. She peels her sleepy eyes open with a look of distaste. She really didn’t want to have to face the world today. She just wanted to spend the day in bed, mending her aching heart and tired mind.

She frowns slightly at the weight of someone beside her on the mattress of the bed, confused by it. She couldn’t recall how she had ended up in this unfamiliar room, laying in this oversized and ridiculously comfy bed.

She sighs slightly and turns her head to look at the man beside her, slowly allowing a loving smile to replace her previous frown.

She turns onto her side, facing him with green eyes watching as he continues to sleep peacefully. She lets her fingers delicately trace along his jaw, enjoying the familiar feeling of his stubble beneath her fingertips.

Then, she rests her palm upon his cheek, allowing her thumb to rub it tentatively. She scans his face before grinning at the realisation that he had slept beside her all night; he had stayed with her rather than fleeing when she had broken down.

He wasn’t afraid of her, or at least, for now, he didn’t appear to be. She hoped his feelings hadn’t changed towards her. That maybe their love for one another would outweigh any possible fear or reservations his had over the new revelations of her powers and father.

It was honestly terrifying to know that he could walk away in an instant. That he could decide to leave her and never look back. She couldn’t cope with the possibility of losing him. She wasn’t sure she would survive another blow as painful as that one.

Her expression had become increasingly troubled as she lay there consumed by her fear driven thoughts. She was so caught up in the inner storm of her emotions and thoughts that she had failed to realise that Daniel had awoken and was staring at her with concern.

He could see the doubt and fear reflecting in her gorgeous green eyes as unshed tears continued to build in them. His chest hurt, swelling with worry as he sat himself up, causing her now tensed hand to slip from his cheek while startling her out of her momentary, fear induced trance.

“Daniel?” she choked out through her overflowing emotions.

“I’m here,” he reminds her softly, his head tilting a fraction. “What’s wrong?”

Monica sniffles before hiding her face in her hands, suddenly feeling rather ashamed. She lets her tears fall freely as her emotions flood to the surface, washing over her as Daniel swiftly pulls her into his lap whilst resting his back against the headboard of the bed.