X

important authors note at the end of the chapter - please read!

Ella's point of view

I opened my mouth to question Hades about all of this, but before I had the chance the waitress returned and placed our drinks down on the table before us.

I sat silently as Hades thanked the waitress and she smiled before walking away. My mind was spinning and I was struggling to think straight, what does this all mean?

I looked up at Hades, he was staring down at me with a perplexed look on his face. He was waiting for me to say something but I couldn't seem to form a single complete sentence.

I opened my mouth but closed it quickly when I knew I had nothing to say. Hades however seemed to notice my distress and broke the silence which had once again crept back up on us.

"It's okay Ella." He reached his hand across the table and gently placed it on my own.

I gasped at the small shocks that danced lightly on the area of skin where his hand touched mine. I gazed up at him, he was smiling slightly.

Did he feel the tingles? Did they dance on his skin like they danced on mine?

"Hades-" I called out, my eyes boar into his as I desperately wanted to make sense of all of this, "-why do humans like me need to be protected?"

He winced at my words and sucked in a breath.

"Is that what he told you Ella?" He asked.

"Yes, he told me that I needed to get the message through to you."

His eyes were no longer soft and caring like before, they seemed to burn with an unknown anger. What was he not telling me?

"He uttered some weird name that I've only heard of in old books, but I can't seem to remember the name. He told me that next time I wouldn't be so lucky, this person would not let me go." I hopped desperately that Hades had nothing to do with this.

"What was his name Ella?" He sounded desperate now, he was begging me to remember.

"Um it started with a K I just can't seem to remember-" I looked down at my hands, embarrassed, "- it was a strange name."

"Kronos." Hades muttered and my head shot up in remembrance.

"Yes! That was his name, how did you know?" It wasn't a common name so I knew it was no lucky guess.

I could feel the grip on my hand tighten slightly at the mention of this mans name. I suddenly noticed that darkness that were Hades' eyes, long gone were the deep blue eyes. They were now replaced by a colour that resembled the nights sky.

They weren't blue or black, instead they were something in between. I couldn't hold back the shiver that travelled down my spine. It wasn't normal for someone's eyes to change like that but maybe it was just the lighting playing strange tricks on my eyes.

"He is my father." Hades replied suddenly.

I focused my attention back to Hades. The way he spoke about his father caused another shiver to rake through my body. His voice was so harsh and void of any emotion, the man before me was not the same blushing man in my bed this morning.

No, this man was cold and furious, I could tell by the strong grip on my hand and gleaming look in his cold eyes that his father was a sensitive topic. I wanted to ask why, but I stopped myself. It wasn't my place to pry into other peoples lives.

"How do you know Theo?" I asked instead.

Hades growled slightly at my question, was that normal?