XII

Hades' point of view

Waking up has never been an issue for me, usually I was up before dawn waiting for Ella to awake. Even in the depths of sleep my mind was always trained on her, she was there in my subconscious.

This morning was no different to the rest. I woke up at around four am to the utter quietness of the house. I lay there in the dark contemplating if I should get up, but quickly dismissed the thought incase I woke Ella with my movements.

So there I lay till the early morning rays of sun dipped through the curtains and shone against the hard wood floor. When the clock rolled to six I grew restless of lying around in bed and had to get up.

Cautious not to wake Ella up I tiptoed down the corridor, past her room, then padded down the stairs. I knew she would be up in about a hour or so, years of watching over her had made me acquainted with her schedule.

Now that I think about it I really was sounding like a creep. Brushing aside that thought I decided that I had more than enough time to run back to the hotel to shower and change, and still make it back to make Ella breakfast.

Quickly, I grabbed the keys lying casually on the kitchen counter and made my way out of Ella's house and down the road to the hotel.

As I neared the hotel I braced myself to face Jason, he was a trained guard that had the early morning shift down in the underworld, so he was usually awake at around three am every morning.

Being here at Earth would not stop this habit he would be wide awake by now, and sadly for me he would have noticed my absence last night and will hound me for questions when I entered our suite.

I strolled down the empty corridors and punched the code to the penthouse we were staying in. Jason had gone over board with the room, he had booked the penthouse suite which had four bedrooms.

It was way to much for just the two of us and I thought the other guards would be staying here too, but Jason insisted that this was just for us and that the other guards were down the hallway in their own rooms.

As I entered the large living space I spotted Jason sitting casually on a stool near the island, sipping on what I could only assume was black coffee; his one true love. He watched me with narrowed eyes as I walked inside.

"Morning Jason, don't mind me I'm just going to clean up and grab a new pair of clothes and I'll be out of your way." I said while strolling towards the room.

"Did you have fun last night Hades?" I turned towards Jason and saw the smirk plastered on his face.

I rolled my eyes at his remark, "Nothing happened Jason, I just stayed with Ella to make sure she was safe."

"Safe from what?" Jason's smirk suddenly dropped and he went from being my best friend to my top warrior in a matter of seconds.

"Kronos broke into Ella's house last night and left her a note saying that he will be coming for her soon." I sighed, suddenly I didn't want to be here with Jason, I wanted to run back to Ella and make sure she was okay.

I shouldn't have left her there alone. I cursed myself, how could I be so stupid.

"I'm sending someone to her house until you get back." Jason pulled out his phone and typed quickly.

He always did this, knew exactly what I was thinking before I even knew what I was thinking.

"Thank you Jason, I won't be long I just need to freshen up." I turned back towards my bedroom door but before I could take a step Jason spoke up.