XIV

important authors note at the end - please read!

Ella's point of view

The depths of my sleep were filled with swirling thoughts about Hades - the God of the underworld. I awoke to the fading memory of twisting black ribbons, their grip tightening and squeezing my mind.

However, the ribbons of darkness did not scare me, they enchanted me, awakening something deep within me.

I knew that Hades saw me as nothing but a friend, but at that moment, lying in bed still half asleep, my heart had decided that Hades was the one it beat for.

I was shocked by the realization, I had only known the man for a week and a half, yet it seemed like my heart had known his for a lifetime. In some sense that statement was true, he had watched me for as long as I had been on this earth and my heart seemed to know this.

Sighing, I decided that lying in bed all day thinking about Hades was not going to make the situation better.

I slipped my feet into my slippers and pulled a robe on, the air was cool this morning and I was too tired to bother putting the heating on.

As I walked downstairs I noticed how dark it was, glancing at the clock in the hall I realized it was only five in the morning. Sighing again, for the tenth time today, I turned and walked over to the sofa. I sat down and turned the tv on, hoping to distract myself for a while.

After about five minutes of watching some interior design show, I heard the light sounds of feet coming down the stairs. I looked towards the staircase and watched as Hades quietly walked down.

He still looked half asleep as he walked towards the kitchen, I turned around on the sofa and watched him pour himself some water.

"Good morning Hades," I spoke gently.

I watched as he jumped and looked towards me, his hand over his heart. I giggled quietly at his shocked expression.

He smiled at me from across the room, "You scared me, Ella." He said, trying to look angry but failing miserably.

"I didn't mean to," I replied, my smile still plastered on my face.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked, walking towards the living room before taking a seat next to me on the couch.

"I couldn't sleep." I shrugged, suddenly remembering the black ribbons. I pushed the memory of last night's dream aside, focusing my attention on Hades.

"Why are you awake?" I asked.

"Couldn't sleep." He replied. I nodded my head as a reply, a peaceful silence fell between us as we sat next to each other.

We sat there together, just simply looking at one another. I noticed how his eyes had dark circles underneath them and how his dark curls were sticking up in all directions.

Now that I think about it, Hades always had dark circles under his eyes. I wonder why he doesn't sleep well.

Frowning at the thought, I unconsciously reached my hand out to smooth out some of his wild curls. His eyes bore into mine and I noticed how they flickered back and forth between me and my outstretched hand.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, suddenly self-conscious of what I had done. I turned my gaze towards my lap and let my hair fall, blanketing my face in the hope he didn't see the tinge of pink on my cheeks.

Unfortunately for me, life never seemed to go how I wanted it to as I had been too slow in my attempts to hide from Hades.

He reached out his hand and gently grasped my chin, turning my head upwards to meet his midnight blue eyes. "Don't hide from me, Ella." He whispered.